Unofficial Mills

will there be changes in september?

simon38

Where have you been? There's been a billion threads commenting on the fact that Sara Cox will want a live show other than on a Sunday, Colin is leaving in June and Grimmy is doing evenings. There has to be a shuffle sometime soon to incorporate these.

Are there any rumours or speculation as to what might happen? It's not a stupid question, I'm aware of the changes that have been confirmed, but aside from Moyles gate have there been any articles or rumours of specific changes? Or what do you think the new schedule will be?

The way I see it, there are 3 ladies. Jo, Edith and Sarah who all could do shows in the middle of the day, and only two spaces, sounds like a problem if you ask Chippy (and yes Chippy is going to start talking in 3rd person) So, a simple way to fix this problem is...boot Edith!...or do a kind of rotation thing between the 3 of them but I don't see that happening.

Y4Ar5.png

I think Judge Jules will leave

sad but i think it's true, dave pearce has already been alienated and pushed out. the next aim i think will be to bring the essential mix to an end, one of the most successful and long serving shows to radio 1.

i see a lot of the dance dj's going off to kiss or galaxy, including jules. and rock and indie/hippie based music coming into radio 1 as a replacement.

on the grid.

sad but i think it's true, dave pearce has already been alienated and pushed out. the next aim i think will be to bring the essential mix to an end, one of the most successful and long serving shows to radio 1.

i see a lot of the dance dj's going off to kiss or galaxy, including jules. and rock and indie/hippie based music coming into radio 1 as a replacement.

I disagree, (although I was sceptic as the start) I think they've built a very strong dance brand on Friday nights, I also doubt Essential Mix will end, it's a strong and iconic fixture in the schedule. I also see Jules either going or getting promoted, 11pm on a Friday is no good for him.

Maybe they could have him on 1Xtra on a saturday? Make it a dance night there, since it's urban night on Radio1