Unofficial Mills

Fern Britton to leave This Morning

Emma

Fern Britton is to step down from presenting ITV1's flagship daytime show This Morning after 10 years.

Britton will leave This Morning when the current series comes to an end in July and is planning to pursue new projects and spend more time with her family, ITV confirmed today.

Her departure brings to an end a seven-year This Morning co-presenting partnership with Philip Schofield, who was originally brought in to work with Britton in late 2002 as a short-term replacement for John Leslie.

"After 10 years with This Morning, I have decided to leave the show at the end of the current series. I will present my last show on 17 July, my birthday, which seems somehow appropriate," Britton said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/25/fern-britton-leave-this-morning

Quite a shock, I'm a fan of Fern and I think her partnership with Philip will be difficult to beat with a new presenter.

Who would you like to see sat on the sofa alongside Phil?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Fern Britton is to step down from presenting ITV1's flagship daytime show This Morning after 10 years.

Britton will leave This Morning when the current series comes to an end in July and is planning to pursue new projects and spend more time with her family, ITV confirmed today.

Her departure brings to an end a seven-year This Morning co-presenting partnership with Philip Schofield, who was originally brought in to work with Britton in late 2002 as a short-term replacement for John Leslie.

"After 10 years with This Morning, I have decided to leave the show at the end of the current series. I will present my last show on 17 July, my birthday, which seems somehow appropriate," Britton said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/25/fern-britton-leave-this-morning

Quite a shock, I'm a fan of Fern and I think her partnership with Philip will be difficult to beat with a new presenter.

Who would you like to see sat on the sofa alongside Phil?

Sharon Osbourne... That's Ozzy's wife.

I wear boys underwear

I don't see Sharon as a Daytime TV kinda lady! Tho pouring water over the guests she didn't like (like off of X Factor) would be quite good maybe ;)

Coleen could maybe do it tho Emma (original Emma)... does it clash with her show?

I think a couple of months ago she was being lined up to maybe take over, but that's gone kind of quiet now. If she did it'd clash with her Mondays to Wednesdays on Loose Women - she'd have to go straight from This Morning to that...although I do have some inside information which could affect that!

I was just thinking yeah Holly would be good - then I thought - maternity leave!

wow. i think i might cry, this has shook the world. or maybe she's just fell over.

Aww big hugs for DC, chin up chuck it'll all work out for the best........ :P

I think a couple of months ago she was being lined up to maybe take over, but that's gone kind of quiet now. If she did it'd clash with her Mondays to Wednesdays on Loose Women - she'd have to go straight from This Morning to that...although I do have some inside information which could affect that!

I was just thinking yeah Holly would be good - then I thought - maternity leave!

Maybe DOI was to raise her profile and see how popular she was before doing it?

Ooooh what's the inside info? ;)

glitzy.jpg

Dr Hook said he can't possibly work with Schofield.

ray said he's busy working on his new show for the discovery channel, drastic sports for seniors.

i can't believe this damn thread has got to two pages already, she wasn't that good! richard & judy will always be related to that show for me, as the last time i saw it they were presenting it.

on the grid.

Aww big hugs for DC, chin up chuck it'll all work out for the best........ :P

Maybe DOI was to raise her profile and see how popular she was before doing it?

Ooooh what's the inside info? ;)

Check your Facebook ;)

Phillip said in the blog on his website: 'I’m obviously very sad that after 10 triumphant years on This Morning Fern has decided to leave the sofa. I’ve been lucky enough to work with her for 6 of those years and can honestly say that they have been amongst the best of my career.

We have cried together over stories and we have laughed ourselves breathless too. From day one we just ‘clicked’ and I’m really proud of what we have achieved together on the show. I wish Fern all the very best, lots of love, and hope she can get a few well deserved lie-in’s.

I will look forward to launching the new series in September, with a new partner, who I’m sure will enjoy the uniqueness of This Morning, the wonderful team in the studio and our loyal viewers who are there for us every day.

Phillip'

http://www.officialphillipschofield.com/

I'll be sad to see Fern go, but hopefully whoever joins will click with phil, i dont want that Ruth person doing it, dont like her much, and as for baroman, he does my head in when he's on the telly all the time.

Sorry if for any spelling mistakes, I'm dyspraxic.