Unofficial Mills

Colin Murray leaves Radio 1

Hammer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have thought so Jono. Can't imagine she'll want that weekend breakfast slot though, considering that the pre-records she's doing at the moment.

Yeah I just realised that. Looks like it will be a bigger reshuffle than first thought.

What's the usual route for weekend breakfast. Someone who has been on early breakfast isn't it? So they'll want someone else for that.

Huh, that sounds familiar, I swear "he" may have said that... ;)

Oh... Figs sake, haha, I am not behind his Twitter! But that post doesn't help my case:

Sad to see Colin go. However with Grimmy on board for nights, it's certainly helping my average age chart precentages on the master plan. 21 minutes ago from web.

Like I've said, I'd love to have started his Twitter though. It's pretty genius. Alas I'm stuck with the fake Mills account :)

jo whiley will go on to get an evening show again?

I love Jo but I can see she's becoming less popular these days and I suspect 6Music with an evening show at Radio 1 may be in the pipeline. I don't think they've managed to adapt her show in the last year or so.

Guest inxces4308
weekdays

4am max/ronnie

7am chris moyles

10am sara cox

1pm vernon kay

4pm scott mills

weekends

7am greg james

10am edith bowman

1pm nihal

4pm fearne and reggie

jo whiley will go on to get an evening show again?

Why would you move Greg off weekdays? I think he really suits the station at the moment. Edith wont be going anywhere for a while until they can find someone else to leave.

I think daytime may stay unchanged unfortunatly. I think they will put somebody young on in the evening to to satisfy the media abou DJs getting too old, etc....

EG. The awful person that is Grimmy to take Colins slot. Then they will give weekend breakfast to Sara Cox. Or Put the awful person that is Nihal back on weekend breakfast and Sara Cox 1-4pm on weekends.

Good, I will never have to listen to Grimshaw again and let him ruin my weekend-mornings. I've never listened to Colin - not because i didn't like the show, but because it's an hour later here in Germany and I usually do not listen at that time.

But Colin was a very good presenter. Pity that he won't be doing Edith's show on holidays or so...

But: Replacing Colin with Grimshaw is not much more than a bad joke. Let a real radio personality go and give that show to a private-radio-style presenter...hope that doesn't foreshadow anything else that is coming up...

unique...

I think Grimmey does a good job on the weekends. I like listening to him, cheers me up with daft jokes n stuff. You can't really judge on how he will be in Colin's slot as they are different types of presenting. On breakfast they talk more whereas later on they tend to play more music and talk about the music not talking calls & stuff

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I wasn't a big fan of Murray when he first started, but over the years I have grown to like him, only catched his evening show a few times (as I listen to other stuff that time of night) but what I did hear was quite good.

I can see him eventually taking over Mayo's show on 5 live when they move up north (as Mayo has said he isn't going). When he has filled in before he has been quite good.

Can not stand Nick Grimshaw but as he is leaving weekend breakfast this will please me as hopefully they will get someone in who is good and maybe I can listen to the show again. I hope they look at someone from outside Radio 1 for this slot maybe take a chance on someone who is on commercial radio at the moment, there are some good presenters out there.

"Just one more game, I promise"

The thing that annoys me is they can't keep someone on Weekend Breakfast for more than five minutes. Lord knows what the ratings are like. Fearne and Reggie, Nihal, Grimmy. It just seems to be a holding ground along with the Lie In.

If Kelly Osbourne is holding out on her return to the Surgery perhaps she's going to take over from Grimmy on Weekend Breakfast ;) Never say never... !