Twitter

MissCorsham

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have been doing a bit of research & with all the people using iPhones & Twitter, there is a risk of your location being available to everyone because a iPhone picture has the GPS location embedded in the image & put this into google earth & it will take you to the location where the image was taken !

:)

i have been doing a bit of research & with all the people using iPhones & Twitter, there is a risk of your location being available to everyone because a iPhone picture has the GPS location embedded in the image & put this into google earth & it will take you to the location where the image was taken !

Or just turn the GPS off. It is possible but as I have an original mine doesn't do that. But Aled turned his off the other day when he was scoping out Milton Keynes so no-one knew where he was.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Or just turn the GPS off. It is possible but as I have an original mine doesn't do that. But Aled turned his off the other day when he was scoping out Milton Keynes so no-one knew where he was.

it seems that it's turned on then as a default ?

i don't see why it has to have GPS data embedded in the image, it seems a very dangerous thing to me, children posting pics on myspace, facebook & twitter etc or even the celebs who use twitter or pic's from home on their official website, it would be very easy to stalk someone using it.

i use a program for photo's that shows all the embedded data held in a image & i even have a button [show in google earth] & when i click on it it takes me straight to where the photo was taken (within a few meters) & the more images used the more accurate you can get.

:)

• 2 weeks later...