Unofficial Mills

Where's Moyles Listeners gone?

welovemoyles

The RAJARs are never ideal ways of recording listeners figures. Most people take them with a pinch of salt, and I'm pretty sure Moyles' team will be saying that a lot this quarter ;)

"The Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1 has 7.21 million listeners - down from 7.26 million last year and a record 7.72 million last quarter. But a Radio 1 spokeswoman insisted "we're not concerned at all", and said up until this point Chris's ratings had increased for six quarters.

Radio 1's audience also dropped back - to 10.6 million listeners - after a quarter in which it broke the 11 million barrier for the first time since 2001. It lost 383,000 listeners, a 3.5% quarterly decline and 1.7% down on the same period last year."

There are two types of data. One that analyses the figures against last year's figures, and one that analyses them up against the last quarter. The last quarter is the most disappointing, but it's not so bad up against this time last year.

What seems rather damaging is that Radio 1's figures have gone DOWN during it's biggest radio event of the year - Radio 1's Big Weekend. Surely you'll have all of those Maidstone listeners tuning in? Let's not forget that the Under 15s aren't included in listening figures, though.

Personally I'm one of those disappearing listeners. I haven't properly caught his show for more than five minutes since his birthday programme. It will presumably all change when I'm at university in September.

Personally I'm one of those disappearing listeners. I haven't properly caught his show for more than five minutes since his birthday programme. It will presumably all change when I'm at university in September.

I haven't listened in a good six weeks, and I don't really have a reason for that. Perhaps we've all got temporarily amnesia when it comes to listening to Radio One between 6.30 and 10.00.

I haven't listened in a good six weeks, and I don't really have a reason for that. Perhaps we've all got temporarily amnesia when it comes to listening to Radio One between 6.30 and 10.00.

I listened to Scott in the mornings though.

See, this is why they should be ditching Made Up News, it's a crap feature and pulls the entire show down...

Having said that the rest of it's usually pretty funny, I enjoyed listening to them playing Rock Band this morning, haha. I'm sure this is just a temporary lull in listening figures.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

See, this is why they should be ditching Made Up News, it's a crap feature and pulls the entire show down...

I don't mind Made Up News personally, but I would fancy having Buzz Off come back in place of that, but then again that'll be recycling old ideas and not showing any imagination into the show etc. :confused:

kyliewilson.png

I think he talks far too much, I know that his show is mostly talk and a few tracks but recently he has gone over the top. today he was telling aled what to say for nearly 20 minutes and it becomes boring after 5, and yesterday all he kept talking about was youtube when I'm sure everyone has been on youtube before.

It's the shows with JLC which are lively which are the best, the ones where he just keeps going on like a broken record are the ones losing listeners in my opinion.

Attunement.png

i think the figures are a load of BS, however they figure out the numbers it cant take into account how many people all listen to the same radio, for example at my work we have a radio plugged into the tannoy system from 6 till 9ish, but it can vary from 3 to about 10 all over the shop hearing it

Not impressed with censorship

do you get approached to do one of their diaries or can you apply to do one. i think i would quite like to do somethig that i think would help the sucess of radio 1

You get approached to do it from an individual body. Obviously the radio stations have no say in it or the listener figures would be biased.