Unofficial Mills

Listen again to move to iPlayer soon

Jono

The BBC will soon combine its radio and television content within one iPlayer interface.

"In a few weeks time, we are going live with an all new iPlayer that has radio and TV all in the same interface," said Anthony Rose, head of digital media technology.

Presently TV shows can be streamed or downloaded using one website while catch-up radio programmes are available through a separate system, though this also carries iPlayer branding.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a100005/combined-tv-and-radio-iplayer-is-imminent.html

Looks like it could be the end for those that download the listen again files now that this is happening...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will they still have the 5 days available like they have now on listen again ?

4od is rubbish, i don't use it anymore because when i went to watch something it always needed a update even when i went to watch something the day after i had updated & my virus software didn't like it much either, they should just let you stream it like the iplayer not some crummy mish-mash of software you have to install !

:)

Looks like it could be the end for those that download the listen again files now that this is happening...

damn. unless you could grab it as an swf file and convert it to mp3 using switch. the problem is i did try to grab some things from the euro 2008 archive but i couldn't find the original place where the swf file was. all i could get up was the player without anything loading on it.

on the grid.

What with like tapes and stuff? weirdo's That means you'd have to be there recording the whole show.....rather than just go back and grab it later...that involves effort!

I've done that for the last two years, it's not going to change a thing. And no, it's on the computer.

I would have assumed it'd be a step forward like with the current iPlayer but I guess for music rights reasons this would be difficult. Maybe the clips and podcasts will be the way forward now ;) It'll be interesting to see where international listeners stand.