Unofficial Mills

Mini Earth Quake (27th February 2008)

Kitai

Felt in Norfolk about 12.55. Quite scary, the bed just moved and it sounded a bit like an aeroplane or large lorry on the bypass. Wonder where the epicentre was. Family didn't even care.

Thought I might have dozed off because my legs were moving. But then a friend texted from Norfolk saying plates had fallen off her wall, so I knew it was an earthquake. Then Hannah texted from Kent saying she felt it. Then I went on DS on my phone and everyone said the same.

All happening on the shoutbox. The first place we've all gone in the state of an emergency ;)

It wasn't far from Nottingham. I was in bed, almost asleep, when there was a bit of a rumble, thought my housemate was jumping up and down but then it got pretty intense and I realised he's not that heavy. I jumped out of bed and ran out of my room because I was convinced the ceiling was going to fall in.

There were quite a lot of people out in the street confused, I was walking around outside in my pyjamas. It was rather weird. Don't feel like sleeping yet. I wonder if we'll get any big aftershocks.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Are The Sun being serious with this article?

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article851350.ece

Stunned Mark Young said he looked out of his window and saw an EIGHT FOOT crack in his neighbour’s garden at LEICESTER.

He said: “There was a big crack through the ground and there was smoke and flames coming out. It was spitting things out.

“It is about eight foot long and about two foot wide. I was completely shocked.”

Nope, nothing, nada, niente. The earth didn't move for me last night in Leeds. I was asleep, but my boyfriend heard a loud noise, like the floor upstairs moving, he thought I'd fallen out of bed!

I must've got used to mini quakes when I lived in Torremolinos - I only noticed one bad one a few years ago:

'Statistics produced by the Andalucía Institute of Geophysics indicate that an earthquake occurs every two and a half days in Málaga province. Most of them are so minor that they usually go unnoticed; indeed of the 127 earthquakes in the province last year only 19 of them exceeded 3 points on the Richter scale.'

Don't think the Spanish Tourist Board makes this info readily available to all the folk off on their hols to The Costa del Sol!

My worst experience was being woken up by 2 ETA bombs going off within a couple of minutes walk of my flat when I lived in Madrid. I've never heard such a loud noise. VERY scary. My housemate was hysterical.

They always planted bombs around 9 am, so they wouldn't have got me. I never used to surface before 10 am. Unfortunately one of my neighbours died later in hospital as a result of these b*stards.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'm in York, and we felt it quite strongly here - was all very surreal. Oh, also, the news reports have now changed - last night they were saying it was 4.7 on the Richter scale, and they're now saying it was 5.3.

It's a logarithmic scale, so that's quite a serious upgrade. It's those Americans, underestimating our earthquake.

I'm really tired today, didn't get to sleep till about half 2 and I feel terrible if I get less than 8 hours sleep. Something always seems to stop me getting a good night's sleep, although this time, there's no one else to blame.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I didn't feel it and i doubt it was possible to feel it from here so i cant really say much, but on the news there was someone getting interviewed and the said they thought it was terrorists. omg the house moved! its that terrorism again. blah. get a grip.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

i didnt feel it here in north devon. was it THAT bad?

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to say how bad it was, because I've never experienced an earthquake before, so I've got nothing to compare it to! When it was happening, it was pretty freaky, and seemed fairly serious. Looking back, maybe it wasn't that bad, I don't know. I suppose the fact that there was no serious damage/injuries shows it wasn't too bad.

I didn't feel it and i doubt it was possible to feel it from here so i cant really say much, but on the news there was someone getting interviewed and the said they thought it was terrorists. omg the house moved! its that terrorism again. blah. get a grip.

To be fair it's probably more likely to be terrorists than an earthquake.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.