Unofficial Mills

Eurovision 2008

Jono

So Andy Abraham the bin man off of X Factor is representing the UK. Oh dear. Despite the fact everyone appeared to want Michelle Gayle in the audience.

God I watched some of it, I hate that guy, he's got the face of some sod. Whenever I look at him or his noise I cringe.:shock:

Eurovision is so pointless now, countries just vote for their boarder countries, though if any one should win oh let it be Ireland!:confused:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a sad state of british music when an x factor, joseph and maria contestant has to be entered into the song for europe contest.

But they're the type it's the perfect vehicle for, god forbid we should ever win it again, doesn't that mean we'd have to host it?

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

• 2 months later...

I do actually believe the Irish have been actively trying not to qualify/win for quite a few years. They probably almost bankrupt themselves hosting the '93, '94, '95 and '97 contests. They'll need to save up a bit longer for their next win.

However funny Dustin the Turkey was - let's face it, he wasn't gonna get through.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Ireland will not be competing at the Eurovision Song Contest final on Saturday (May 24) after its entrant, a turkey puppet named Dustin, got knocked out at the semi-final stage yesterday (May 20).

The likes of Greece, Romania, Norway and Azerbaijan qualified from the heat to proceed to the final, but the unfortunate puppet will now have to head back to Ireland without the chance to represent his country, reports BBC News.

http://www.nme.com/news/eurovision/36759

I was watching the semifinals yesterday, and when Dustin came on, me and my mum were just laughing all the way through, but my dad kept saying "I don't hope he get's through" and "It's awful".

I actually liked the Estonian song too :D I could do that dance after the first chorus, haha.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Slightly gutted that Dustin the puppet got knocked out, was looking forward to seeing how it did... As for me I'm supporting France this year as Sebastien Tellier is doing the song and he's ace. :D

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm supporting Sebastien Tellier too, though the Latvian Pirates are a lot of fun.

Scott was on Annie Mac, I'm looking forward to the secretly recorded comments he said he's going to send back.

In the segment on Annie's show he said he may be a little drunk as the booze is cheap, he'd love to take over from Terry Wogan when Terry finally goes, his room is like something out of some film about a Hostel, the Taxi driver either didn't know the way or temporarily kidnapped him, and many of the people there are taking it all very seriously.

In addition Scott said there are people dressed up, and he saw one man dressed as half man half horse. I wonder if that was for a song, or just an expression of that man's personality?

UM is a nice place

I'm definitely supporting Denmark tonight. Since I live in Germany, I'm actually able to vote for my own country, which is good.

I saw a clip of the French entry, I didn't like it to be honest.

And Gill - the man dressed up as half man half horse, I think I saw him in one of the songs in one of the semifinals.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I think someone clever off of here should set up a vote for us, which could be closed just before we see the voting on telly.

Dunno how much of it I'll be watching, but I'll be supporting the UK (I'm half British), Sweden (and half Swedish) then Spain (lived there for years and years). Keeping my options open...;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.