What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got attacked by a seagull leaving work today. It wouldn't stop coming for me even as I ran to my car and caught the back of my neck a couple of times leaving it red and itchy. I used to be really afraid of birds and was almost over my fear of them until this. Now I'll be back to ducking every time one is near me.

Yeah that does suck more...did they sort out the thing with your travel expenses?

Kind of. I have a claim form but not really sure how to fill it in or what to do with it once I have. I'm just so tired from working full time and it isn't exactly motivating me, not being paid.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Mah Geek's cat died :(

Aww, poor Mr Geek, I hope he's okay.

Aww R.I.P geeky cat. :(

My dog has been limping a lot recently, hope he's going to be ok.

Arrrgh Otis does that too sometimes, like when he's slept on his leg funny. But sometimes it's from when he's been jumping around and he lands on his leg at a strange angle and somehow jars it. I hope Terry's leg is something like this and there's nothing more serious to it :confused:

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

i've had a fallout with someone when i've done nothing wrong for it to even happen. i'm a man of peace, and it gets me down when things like this happen.

plus on my way home tonight i ran over someones cat or a fox. i don't know exactly what it was, i just felt it go under the drivers side wheel as i tried to steer out the way. i looked in the mirror and saw it twitching in the middle of the road, i didn't want to go back and look i felt bad enough allready after everything.

on the grid.

Okay i failed my exams and now have to spend another 2 years in college doing a BTEC National diploma in health and social care.

Have to downgrade my dreams AGAIN down to just being a nurse.

Seem to be catching any illness going around

In love with a twat

My ex-best friend (clara is downgraded to being just friend) is a liar and a backstabbing whatsit

My best friend lives tooo far away

I have no money

My job may be gone soon (its temp)

Havent slept in a loooong time and when i do i get awful dreams and Olly ends up having to pin me down

Kitty <3

I had really bad cramp in my leg last night that wouldn't go away and this morning I woke up with a pulled muscle in my leg. Awesome. It hurts. I told my Mum and she laughed. I told the Geek and he laughed. I can't really complain about that as I nearly died laughing at least 4 times the other week when he injured himself. But I will anyway!

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Okay i failed my exams and now have to spend another 2 years in college doing a BTEC National diploma in health and social care.

Awww I'm sorry to hear this Danni :(

I've been sleeping pretty badly. Yesterday I travelled on 6 trains and 2 tubes during the day. Might explain why I had a nightmare that I was stuck at Clapham Junction station trying to catch a connecting train for an hour and a half. The train was leaving from platform 1 but I was stuck on platform 36 (there are only 19 platforms there in reality).

Even though good things are happening in my life, I still feel hung up on the bad stuff. Like something that happened with a guy a few weeks back, I saw him last night and we couldn't really think of anything to say to each other. It really doesn't matter, but it bothers me.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Over the past week or so, I've realised that I want to go back to having CAMHS sessions. When I used to go it was during the extreme low point in my life, and I know it was awful for my parents. I don't want to tell my Mum that I want to go back, because she'll dismiss it immediately.

Things like this have been brewing in my head for a while now, so I just want to get it out of my mind.

Parents got a letter from the landlord of my house telling us he wants us out of here by the 2nd october. The only way he can evict us is by taking us to court because it's an assured tenancy, but dad's decided to move house anyway. I asked him to wait until i got a place down south, he said he would, then just like last time, completely ignored me and is looking at a few places tomorrow. I'm actually fucking sick of it up here. My dad is just a complete arsehole at the moment, he's not even helping me or mum look for a job, and gives off the impression that he doesn't actually care as long as he gets what he wants. He doesn't bother speaking to me either, unless he wants to borrow the laptop or he's in a bad mood and he's having a go at me for no fucking reason again.

I sent a message to my best mates mum this evening asking her if i could move into her spare room and rent it from her. I was too late, she's already said she'd rent it to someone else. So basically, i'm stuck in this fucking place with no job, friends, money or anything for a good few years yet. I could see if any of my mates wanna do a flatshare, but the chances of that are pretty much 0.

So yeah. Today has been fucking awesome and i can't wait til tomorrow.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Right so prediction time. I think “Summer on Radio 1” which is on the schedule for Friday to Sunday 1-4 from June sticks around longer than the other changes in July. I think that lasts until September which is when we get the new weekend afternoon show. I think they’ll want to give Danny longer on air to see if they improve. I can’t see that happening, so my guess is in September they move Sam & Danni to weekend afternoons (at that point they’ll have been on weekend breakfast for a full year), and they bring James Cusack in to do weekend breakfast. 
    • If Aled decides to give Danny a full time role, even as part of a duo / trio, it'll be the most disappointing decision of his tenure. The fact Danny is still on air and hasn't been quietly moved on 'due to a change in plan' is bad enough!
    • I'd say Danny has been given a fair hearing - and hasn't been up to par. You don't want Radio 1 to be a closed shop - but not being able to usually get the Whatsapp number right should be a dealbreaker. Errors happen even to the best DJs at times but if you can't get the Whatsapp number right you really shouldn't have a regular role on the station. But if they really are that desperate to have Danny on the schedule full-time then pair him up with somebody who can actually handle the technical side. You think of all the capable DJs who are in duos and trios and then you have just have a rookie like Danny left solo.  The LGBTQ+ point too I have to say if true as a gay man feels a case of proper discrimination. It's good to have LGBTQ+ representation for sure but the key thing is that the DJ is good at the end of the day and say in 2021 there was loads of LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 in Scott, Grimmy and Adele Roberts among others but at the end of the day they were strong DJs entirely there on merit. And even now there's still LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 who are there primarily because they're bloody good broadcasters. Danny is not one of them.
    • There is a reason you don't know who is doing weekend afternoons yet. The plan is still to see how Danny Beard's trial goes on weekend mornings. Newspaper clippings have demonstrated Aled has been keen to push Danny Beard at the weekend and to give him a fair hearing. The plan looks to be to wait and see whether he improves in the next few weeks. The bosses still want more LBGTQ+ representation on the station.
    • I think they should just bring that back as was. It's been nearly 20 years, so do it with a whole bunch of new DJ's. 
    • I think this year has taught us we know nothing 🙂 Nobody would ever have credibly predicted Jordan leaving and all the changes that followed.   I have another interest outside radio and it is exactly the same - the stuff you never expect to happen is exactly what does.
    • Yeah they make the weekend shifts go so much quicker. Like today, the piece about Matt falling asleep in the cafe was funny, it's clear to see why they're going to weekdays. It could well be they were thinking of Danny for it and like you say have decided against that, or like I said at the start it's James Cusack and the slow down on the announcement is him getting out of his contract. Remember he works for radio 1's main rivals. I think it's quite telling that he's doing more r1 cover than usual, tomorrow and then a further 3 weekend shows in a row
    • Nat in for Dean with Vicky between the 28th-30th May.
    • I suspect they’re gonna tie the announcement into something, or they’ve changed plans. I know we’ve said it as a joke but I wonder if Aled was planning on giving it to someone like Danny Beard, but he’s decided against that after the last few weeks. Seems clear to me, though, that if Jordan hadn’t left, then Katie would’ve taken Dean and Vicky’s slot and Matt and Mollie would’ve stayed on weekends, which probably explains why they haven’t picked a replacement yet. If it was going to be the obvious choice, I.e. James Cusack, surely they would’ve announced it by now..?
    • Yep think they mentioned that this is their penultimate weekend of shows but then they will also be on air during Big Weekend and they mentioned they'll be doing 'Party Anthems' on stage during Big Weekend which sounds intriguing. Will miss Matt & Mollie on weekends - they in particular have made that Friday afternoon slot their own - but they'll be great on weekdays. Do wonder if 'Summer on Radio 1' is just a placeholder name until they decide on who will cover the interim. While it's obviously not the case it does feel like they've forgotten there's that weekend afternoon slot to fill given no permenant presenter has been announced for it yet.
    • Zoe Ball is back on the breakfast show on Monday.
    • Just listening to matt and mollie at work and heard them say it's their second to last show on weekends
    • And Arielle mentioned in her Instagram post that her final early breakfast show is the 27th of June - the Thursday before Glastonbury 
    • When Matt covered breakfast on 22nd April, he said their new show was starting in 10 weeks, so that’d be the 1st July.
    • Would love for it to be like the Summer Friday Thing that me and @DC were remisincing about recently. Lots of events going on that could easily form part of it.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer/cardiff/thursday/1.shtml