Unofficial Mills

How much has Leona paid Radio 1?

Jono

It's an X Factor star, and her latest single has been all over Radio 1. When was the last time you heard Shayne Ward getting this amount of coverage? Her live lounge session was tipped 'beautiful' by all DJs, and yet I didn't think it was anything different to any other, and the DJs were playing it all week. The session is now available for another week, something no other artist has had happen, and they're still playing out her cover. She's also all over the Entertainment News podcast.

So how much did she bribe Radio 1 with?

I suppose they rate the leona record..so thats why its included, but it not my favourite.

Sometimes I really dont understand how the playlist is chosen..on thursday led Zepplin stairway to heaven was played at least 3 times.., on Chris's show , on Edith's show and presumably on Zane's show

.and I hate that song cos it reminds me too much of guitarists who have only just started to learn... who play it really really badly!

Also I dont understand how Leona and Robyn are so much better than Shakira and co.

Ah come on, you can't hate Stairway To Heaven just because of that, it's an all-time classic...

But I do think that R1 are going on about Leona way too much. Her Live Lounge performance was nothing special and neither is her song really. She does have a good voice but she's wasting it on crap songs.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I thought Scott played this as his record of the week months ago ?

I think that she is a credible star, and a talented person. It is all about back scratching I reckon, she gets air time and has to do a live lounge for nothing ( which was excellent, the Snow Patrol cover did make me blub)

Also I think she is being looked on as a bit of a ... dare I say it... Gay Icon, and I think that they have a big proportion of like mined people on the committee that pick the play list.

Doesn't explain Will Young though !

I thought Scott played this as his record of the week months ago ?

He did, which I again refer to my original point. I don't believe he chooses all of them, I think management push him into choosing some of them, especially those that you find are Jo Whiley's pet sound the week before.

Its a great song, why would anyone have a problem with it is beyond me?!?!?

// Rumble

Wasn't the case, I'm talking about her special attention. Run [Live Lounge Version] is even listed on the playlist. No other Live Lounge gets this treatment, so what's with her?