The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure

AS was muuuuch easier though!!! I've lost my motivation completely and I NEED an A. S2 is not actually a problem, C3 and C4 are :P

Stats for business - sounds more boring than stats alone! :D

Yeah it is trust me, had to do a whole module all year last year for it. This is just a few calculation this year.

The thing that really insulted me last year was the teaching of the mean and the median... it was like I learnt that when I was 5 kinda thing... why am I paying £3000 a year to learn this crap lol

I had to do stats last year using SPSS and pretending that I understood the output. The lecturer was terrible but for some reason they couldn't sack him so they made him teach first year stats. I hated the lectures but somehow, with help from friends and a good stats book, managed to get through it and pass the module. Ironically I understand a lot more about stats this year from having to actually use them and read about them than I did last year in a year of stats lectures. If anyone does use SPSS for any reason, http://www.statisticshell.com/dsus.html this book is quite good and the site might be useful too.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure
5 days to my first exam... So naturally I'm procrastinating like a mentalist.

I even started using Twitter again, after 11 months... Boo.

Ooooh excititng :P What's your first exam? My first one is C4, on the 23rd. Do I feel prepared? No, I don't.

Ooooh excititng :P What's your first exam? My first one is C4, on the 23rd. Do I feel prepared? No, I don't.

FP2 (further maths) on the 15th, followed by C3 on the 23rd. The maths exams are way early this year. Last year they were almost in the last week of June.

I don't feel prepared either. I either do really well on the papers (95+%) or absolutely abysmally (54-%). I guess I've got to hope I have a good day. :confused:

I have geneal studies AS tomorrow haha! I don't have a clue - is it really that important?

I have General studies tommorow too! I find it impossible but Im a gunna make my answers up me thinks (Y) its a plan.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I have General studies tommorow too! I find it impossible but Im a gunna make my answers up me thinks (Y) its a plan.

Aha, I've never even been to a lesson! We had the chance to choose whether we actually wanted to do it or not, and even thoug I never signed up, i was still put down to sit it.

-.-

Oh well. I guess it won't be so bad, apart from the science paper haha.

I also have a geography exam soon, strangely enough. 4 days time. Revision is going slowly but possibly getting somewhere. One of my friends has an exam tomorrow, another one on tuesday and the one on thursday. I think he only started revising for all of them today, so I suppose I'm doing better than that. There's just so many things I'd rather be doing.

Advice for Geography exams: learn case studies and if in doubt, invent case studies. It's all about the case studies.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

General Studies was fun, 3x10 markers, 1x15 and 1x5 and guess who left the big one till the last 2 minutes..me! I wrote quite a bit too much for each paper, so not used to writing in exams!

twitter.com/emgreatorex