The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I'll be taking my A levels in June, not looking forward to it at all.

I've been told i'm taking relatively easy subjects; (which I dispute fiercely)

English Literature, Media Studies (a minefield) and Business Studies.

I'm finding them pretty tough all the same. Essays are the bain of my life at the moment.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I'll be taking my A levels in June, not looking forward to it at all.

I've been told i'm taking relatively easy subjects; (which I dispute fiercely)

English Literature, Media Studies (a minefield) and Business Studies.

I'm finding them pretty tough all the same. Essays are the bain of my life at the moment.

Well, I took sciencey subjects just so I wouldn't have to write essays (and that I need them to get into medicine) but I seem to be writing them all the time. Gutted.

Well, I took sciencey subjects just so I wouldn't have to write essays (and that I need them to get into medicine) but I seem to be writing them all the time. Gutted.

Rofl. Unlucky.

Media Studies really isn't an 'easy' subject, it gets such a bad press. I think the reason why the public have this perception is because the topics discussed and taught in Media Studies are very universal, so naturally people are going to be rather good at it.

I took it not really because I thought it would challenge me, but more because I knew it would be interesting, and my particular course is, mainly because of my teacher though who is somewhat of a legend. :D

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

K&U? What's that?

Knowledge and Understanding. We still don't know what it's on, as my teacher said he's "90%" that it's sitcoms, but he's always wrong. It if is on that then there'll be one essay on the history of sitcoms and one on the conventions of them, in 90 minutes, and I'm a really slow writer.

Guest CancerForTheCure
This is how retarded my school is: My first exam is 15th may. Exam leave starts on 23rd may.

Makes perfect sense, no?

Our study leave starts on 15th I think. But it looks like I'm gonna stop going to school soon anyway as we don't do much work, just revision - which I can do at home. My first exam is on the 21st May and it's Maths :| I need to do really well in it. But this year is not as bad as last year. Last year I had 19 exam, this year - only 7. That's only because I have already completed two of my A Levels :)