Unofficial Mills

Mollie King's Comic Relief challenge

Jono

Surely it’s not a good idea to keep her cycling this late in the day? The less rest she gets tonight the more difficult it would be tomorrow. Really feeling for her today. 

It made me think, is it usual for the person doing the challenge to be doing the rounds in TV studios while the challenge is going on? So much cycling time has been used up by doing that, no wonder poor Mollie is behind schedule today. I can understand that it’s great exposure, but seems overkill, especially when she is already exhausted.

3 minutes ago, xxladybarefootxx said:

Surely it’s not a good idea to keep her cycling this late in the day? The less rest she gets tonight the more difficult it would be tomorrow. Really feeling for her today. 

It made me think, is it usual for the person doing the challenge to be doing the rounds in TV studios while the challenge is going on? So much cycling time has been used up by doing that, no wonder poor Mollie is behind schedule today. I can understand that it’s great exposure, but seems overkill, especially when she is already exhausted.

Especially when you've got the likes of Matt, Greg, Katie etc. all travelling around with Mollie who could probably do some of the TV appearances- surely they could largely let her focus on the cycling and Radio 1.

Then again Mollie seems the sort of person who is generous with their time and happy to do these appearances.

3 minutes ago, coffeeandgin said:

Especially when you've got the likes of Matt, Greg, Katie etc. all travelling around with Mollie who could probably do some of the TV appearances- surely they could largely let her focus on the cycling and Radio 1.

Then again Mollie seems the sort of person who is generous with their time and happy to do these appearances.

You’re right there actually, it’s probably in Mollie’s nature to want to do those appearances. Just feels like she’s being pulled from all directions and I thought there must be someone to kind of step in and say there wasn’t enough time or energy to do both at the same time.

1 minute ago, Steve28 said:

Matt Edmondson really is an underrated gem of a broadcaster.

Outstanding radio all week, but particularly a few minutes ago. 

I've tried to give up "fighting wars" on social media but when I see people slagging him off it gets really hard.  

Honestly I’m so glad that Matt and Mollie are finally getting the recognition they deserve. It’s no secret to many that I am their biggest fan and would love to see them do breakfast. They normally make my cry with laughter but this week I’ve cried everyday when they’ve opened up about their grief. The money raised is astonishing probably the third highest after Chris Moyles and Scott, the support for them online is incredible too so this could be the start of something for them both if not Mollie. 

I thought Comic Relief did the dirty on Mollie last night. She'd raised more than £1.1m and yet she was one of the last people on the live show before the 10 o'clock news - hardly prime time and quite late considering she started at 4am. She'd had to rush back from Hull to Salford after her challenge too. It made her seem insignificant.

She was on for about two minutes, the highlights montage was pretty uncomprehensive and even the footage of her crossing the finish line was vertical video from social media that looked really grainy. The BBC had access to plenty of footage from local telly and other sources they could have used. I seem to recall they made much more of a thing about Scott and Chris doing the lolathon.

Thank goodness Radio 1 made a big fuss. 

13 minutes ago, Jono said:

I thought Comic Relief did the dirty on Mollie last night. She'd raised more than £1.1m and yet she was one of the last people on the live show before the 10 o'clock news - hardly prime time and quite late considering she started at 4am. She'd had to rush back from Hull to Salford after her challenge too. It made her seem insignificant.

She was on for about two minutes, the highlights montage was pretty uncomprehensive and even the footage of her crossing the finish line was vertical video from social media that looked really grainy. The BBC had access to plenty of footage from local telly and other sources they could have used. I seem to recall they made much more of a thing about Scott and Chris doing the lolathon.

Thank goodness Radio 1 made a big fuss. 

I remember Arielle didn't get invited on last year. Was a 8 second snippet and then moved onto to the next thing

26 minutes ago, Mercede5 said:

She so deserved more after what she achieved. 
In the past didn’t they use to do a half hour programme on these challenges that were aired separately from the main show?

True, I think they've focused on the one with Alex Scott instead.

1 hour ago, wbroom12 said:

I remember Arielle didn't get invited on last year. Was a 8 second snippet and then moved onto to the next thing

Arielle had a residency on weekends straight after her challenge, which may have been why she wasn’t there!