Unofficial Mills

Terrorism in Britain

Mike

Breaking News - Car On Fire Driven into Glasgow Airport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Live BBC News 24 Feed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_6250000/newsid_6257300?redirect=6257308.stm&news=1&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

Opens in Real Player or Windows Media Player

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are saying Glasgow is a bit of a random place to target. Which would be true in normal circumstances, but:

1. Gordon Browns constituency is near by

2. Scotlands summer holidays start today = lots of people in the airport

3. The Queen is in Edinburgh

4. London is already on high alert.

I was in Glasgow city centre at the time, and obviously at the time had no idea what was goin on, but the police were swarming the city centre. My bags got checked as i was exiting Buchanan Galleries, the shopping centre (I wouldnt say i looked like a terrorist, the police seem to beg to differ...). The hospital one of the attackers has been taken to has been completely shut off.

Ugh. Horrible horrible people. They shouldve let them burn in that car.

I live like 10 miles away, i NEVER expected to see an attack on Glasgow!

At also has to be said that these 'terrorists' were really stupid. anyone that knows glasgow airport knows how difficult it would be to get onto that road which is usually clogged up with taxis, and trying to get through those doors in a jeep is just bizarre it would never fit.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

I dont understand how it could drive fast at that area. Its designed for people to go at about 5mph, with lots of speed bumps and stuff. And as distrakzion says, lots of traffic queues due to taxis.

There was a suspected explosion at Heathrow earlier. Seems people are just getting paranoid, and quite rightly so. Apparently it was just a car with its engine smoking.

I bet Tony Blair is well smug now thinking "thank flipping christ i gave up that pm job".

Also, im about a mile or so away from where theyre holding one of the guys. I passed it on the way home, theres two police officers with actual rifles standing outside. Scaaaary.

It has shown that nowhere is safe. The terror level has be raised to critical which i think means that attacks could be imminent.

Ugh. Horrible horrible people. They shouldve let them burn in that car.

One of them burnt to death on his way to the hospital:)

I'm watching CNN, that scottish reporter is talking live and she just asked if it was a coincidence that we have been attacked days after the first scottish man to become UK PM. :(

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

I thought I might have seen some police tonight when I was in London, but I only saw one policeman, a kind of token effort really. I got more suspicious looks for carrying a backpack and a sleeping bag on Thursday from the police.

This isn't good, but I did kind of think they'd target somewhere other than central London some time. Using cars isn't quite what I was expecting though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I don't believe this is Al-Qaeda. I think this is a poor terrorism group. Police aren't really stopping it, the terrorists just don't have the knowledge.

My family have been concerned and trying to stop me go to London for Radio 1 Work Experience next week. But I don't want to let it affect my life. And I think we all have more chance of being hit by a bus than being affected in such a way like this.

As Public Enemy once famously and wisely proclaimed: don't believe the hype.

I'm with you on this. Can't help thinking it's very convenient with Gordon Brown. I know he can't construct this, but still.

Is the suspect still alive? Or is it a police lie, and he's actually dead?