Unofficial Mills

Roman Kemp's future at Capital

Jono

On 8/27/2023 at 1:02 PM, Jono said:

Don't know how Roman Kemp can commit to doing the One Show as well as breakfast. That's dedication.

Presume he can help hustle some guests on to his radio show though!

I thought the same about Roman, I wonder if he’ll eventually step back from radio as his presenting career takes off

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure. I doubt it. They'll probably slot someone in with them. I don't really listen to Capital much, but from little bits I have heard, and bits I've seen on social media.. things have stepped up a notch in quality especially since Chris joined the team.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:42 PM, NathanS said:

Roman Kemp is stepping down from his Capital breakfast show, although that's according to The Sun (they're usually correct with the entertainment 'exclusives', though).

I suppose someone like Will Manning or Jimmy Hill might be a good shout if they look to someone in house to replace him.

On 10/7/2023 at 11:32 PM, R1Fan1 said:

Wonder if Roman will ever turn up on radio 1

Capital schedule changes are quite erratic, they changed it at the start of September, then Lauren Layfield left at the end of September and now Roman is going

I doubt it that he’d be on radio 1 but don’t rule it out 100%. Although I see it that he could be more television facing and could have a significant television career

On 10/7/2023 at 10:44 PM, NathanS said:

Oh wow, I wonder who will replace him! Does that put Chris and Sian risk at all, does anyone know how it works there?

I suppose someone like Will Manning or Jimmy Hill might be a good shout if they look to someone in house to replace him.

To me I think they do a better social media game than BBC Radio 1 bigger set up a lot more visually designed and knowing how to get on peoples social media feeds

It seems that the Mirror are running the same story I would consider if I was Global poaching an under used presenter like Snoochie Shy from 1 Xtra and maybe experiment doing something like Virgin and Absolute do having their breakfast show across Capital, Capital Xtra and Capital Dance probably wont happen. But consider how good Chris Stark is at producing and generating ideas for radio they should consider having him as Creative producer for the Capital network as whilst with network like capital fm relies on the ads and music but having somet stuff in terms of features and segments aceross the week that could be shared across social media to drive listeners to the station

I reckon maybe Will Manning & Aimee Vivian will host it together. Sian on afternoons and maybe Niall Gray on Drivetime (or the other way round). Chris could stay on breakfast or move with Sian. However, they may want a celebrity co-host like Heart. 

Will Manning presented with Sian & Chris earlier in the year while Roman was filming the quiz show so he may work slotted in. I think if Will moves to breakfast he might give up The Big Top 40.

5 hours ago, Jono said:

If he does want to stay or bosses want him to stay it always helps contract negotiations...

To be fair if he has already signed up and wishes to continue working at global it could’ve been like when it was reported that Scott was going to Heart or Steve Wright was going to Virgin Radio or possibly Greatest Hits but a year after the end of the Big Show ended he still remains at Radio 2. In fairness these reports are 50/50 most often so it might not happen. Although he’s signed to The One Show another idea is if ITV wish to poach him for This Morning get popular younger personality to provide some stability and sense of that it will have longevity.

5 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

So Roman's done his whole show for today and didn't address it at all? That seems very odd. I would've thought he'd either confirm or deny it straight away.

I remember there was a few times when Scott Mills was rumoured to be leaving before his time and the same for other broadcasters think most stations if they presenters are staying but reported to leave don’t like to address it on-air and rather find a quieter way of nipping it in the bud. If it’s false their employer may rather look at how that rumour leaked to the press.

3 hours ago, abertom said:

If Roman was up for it I reckon he should do full time bbc tv and so he can still be in Radio hold the Sat 10am and poss Friday 10am slot for him and Saturday put Katie with Jordan

I don’t think that the BBC for two weekly shows would have the budget to afford parachuting their rivals star presenter to do a smaller show and cost the station a lot moved and would make it seem as being too competitive. It wouldn’t be in the BBC’s best interests to poach him for radio.