Unofficial Mills

is scott DEAD?

a1mark

Isn't that interesting? I mean, Scott is gay, and has been "out" for ever, so its not exactly news - but the one thing I have always thought was that he doesn't actually sound remotely "gay" in the classic (stereotype?) sense, not at all! I don't like stereotypes, so I've always rather treasured that about Scott!

Is it just me? Does everyone else think that Scott "sounds gay" (whatever the hell that means?)?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott's orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of his show and no bearing on him as a person. It's good to find someone in the media that doesn't bombard you with his/her sexual orientation, I agree...

And it was ages before I 'found out' - probably after more than a year of listening. It makes no difference at the end of the day.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that it has "no bearing on him as a person" - surely all our different characteristics define who we are, our sexuality being one of them? And all these things feed in to our personalities - and Scott's personality is what makes the show what it is, so you can't say that his sexuality has no bearing. Don't know about you, but my sexuality is absolutely crucial to who I am! But I agree with what I think you actually mean ,which I think is that to take his orientation out of the context of his whole self, and judge his show on that basis alone, is irrelevant and inappropriate.

i also didn't know he was gay until a good few months after i started listening to him. i was a little stunned when i found out but admire the fact that he isn't trying to be the stereotype and dosent say "cooey!" after the first two records. i have started to pick up little tips though after i found out.

nah i dont care he's still good, it dosent make any difference. wouldn't of made any difference to me if he was straight to be honest.

on the grid.

Sorry to drag this up from the depths, someone has edited his wikipedia again:

"Scott Mills (born 28 March 1974 in Southampton, Hampshire) -but is an avid Portsmouth fan - and is a British DJ currently on Radio 1. The Scott Mills Show airs Monday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm. He is also the holiday cover presenter for The Chris Moyles Show and the Official Chart Show."

"Aged 12, Mills began presenting hospital radio. At, 15 he was presenting university radio in Southampton <SUP>[1]</SUP> - despite this unfortunate start, he is still a Hampshire based radio station, Power FM, where he was given a trial to present a week of shows."

"Proving popular with listeners, he later presented other slots, including the Chart Show countdown of the top 40 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City w:st=Portsmouth </st1:City>fan through and through. Scott's first professional radio job was at

See that's boring when people comically edit it and it's not funny

Also did you see this edit: "Added the S Mills & Radio 1 fansite's a must look at for all BBC & S Mills fans.Keeps on getting deleted so I keep on adding it & will continue to add it until its permanantly on. Stop deleting the WEBSITES I PUT ON JONO OR I'LL DO SOMETHING YOU WILL REGRET"

Me and Coolmark (who has been keeping the page in check as well) will keep an eye on it

This coolmark person sent me message via wikipedia telling to stop editing it with nonsense when infact I was the one correcting the stuff that other people had wrote!

take control

I never knew Scott was gay - and besides it doesn't influence the quality of his show. It is his choice and he's happy that way so it shouldn't be a problem.

But a gay man who smokes!!! I've never heard of that or seen it.

Have I been stuck in my own world for years?