Unofficial Mills

breaking the bank

phoenix

A spinoff of the expensive clothes thread. I've got money on the brain, as I will be purchasing concert tickets this weekend.

What is the biggest load of money you ever spent?

I spent a whopping $400 on a class at a recording studio. I remember the exact moment I wrote the check. It was quite painful.

Please keep in mind I live at home with my parents and do not pay rent, so I dont often make big purchases.

Sometime in the near future I will be shelling out $800+ on DJ equipment but that is something I am quite looking forward to. Its time to start saving!

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

That'd be £200 on my acoustic guitar, I think. Although my mum gave me £50 towards that, which was nice of her. I was going to buy either a games console or a guitar, and my mum thinks games consoles are evil but is pro-music. I'm pretty crap at the guitar, but I enjoy playing it, and I am still crap at console games, but my excuse is that I've never been allowed to own one.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

One of the guys I live with was complaining last night that his parents only give him £200 or so a month allowance, and he has to pay his own phone bill out of that - £70 last month. Oh no! How difficult life is :-| he should just not buy so much pizza and alcohol and not spend as much on his phone.......

I get £0.00/month. I get £3305/year from the Government, but my mum doesn't want me to spend it, since it has to be paid back. Then I get just the interest on my savings account as income - oh and 10p I found outside last night.

I get £0.00/month. I get £3305/year from the Government, but my mum doesn't want me to spend it, since it has to be paid back. Then I get just the interest on my savings account as income - oh and 10p I found outside last night.

You aren't controlled by your mum, it's none of her business what you spend money on, surely?

Regards,

Olly.

Well at the moment I am getting interest through keeping it in the bank. It is my choice, but I have to pay it back at the end of the 3 years either way. At the moment I have a little bit of money which I have saved up in the past or inherited, and eventually I might even find some kind of job.

I have a tuition fee debt too :cry::-p I owe £3000 already as well as the £3305 student loan. The tuition fees will go up next year. I will probably owe around £20000 when I leave Uni. The only consolation is that in future it'll be even more expensive when they remove the cap on tuition fees and the Unis charge whatever they like, although the NUS is campaigning against it.