Unofficial Mills

Age Gaps

John

Does anyone have an opinion on age gaps in a relationship? Is there a cut off point for you or does it not really matter?

I'm asking because, i was watching Trinny and Susannah tonight who featured a couple with an 18 year age gap (she was 42, he was 24)

take control

That seems really strange, but it is the 21st century. I think if someone is old enough to be your parent, it's not quite right.

I would say that at the moment my rule is anyone born in the 1980s. A friend of mine was seeing a guy who was 15 when she was 18 and it seemed wrong to me.

There is a 6 year age gap in my current relationship and that doesn't seem a problem.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I know, when I was 12 a girl in my class claimed to be sleeping with a 22 year old and a 40 year old. She did have issues though.......

And I once encountered a 33 year old guy online who likes to sleep with 16 year old girls. That seems wrong to me.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I am 25 and personally I wouldn't go out with someone younger than me and have always felt that way. As for older, I wouldn't go much over 30ish I don't think.

The biggest age gap in a relationship I have had is when I was 18 my boyfriend at the time was 25, it didn't seem like a big gap at the time but looking back I suppose it was?

Just my 2p worth :-?

glitzy.jpg