Unofficial Mills

favourite year(s)

DC

this thread wont hopefully turn out shi*e, but it's to do with me and i dont make threads that often. so it's probably crap becuase there is no mention of david tennant or crap 2006 reality tv.

anyways, looking back. what is your favorite year of your life? vivtastic i know. but it kinda makes me think, i remember 2000 a bit, samantha mumba whhhhhhoooooo? 2002 was class becuase i remember my holiday and time off of school for the world cup. 2003 was ok only becuase i spent loads of time in north wales by llandudno (one of the last times i can count of). 2004 was good becuase i remember leaving school in year 11 and i remember everyone playing twista's 'slow jamz' and kanye west's 'all falls down' on their phones like chavs but that term didn't exist then. and me taking my exams. and it was a well class summer (the end of 04 was crap though).

but my fave year (where most things went well) was 2001. i didn't seem to care about nothing, or get stressed over nothing. it was a year where most things went right. i remember liking school most of the time becuase there were no big exams and we took the pi*s out of the teachers almost everyday and it was well funny. i remember it was one of the first times i stopped up all night in the 6 weeks holiday and watched the sun rise. tv was wicked back then (we just had digital installed so it was all new and mad) and i loved the music scene, like some classic limp bizkit and linkin park... mark n lards afternoon show was in full swing as well. i guess the only thing missing was mills, i wasn't up at that time (4am) enough to catch him out. and if i was up at that time just for him, i would of been sadder than jono. it was the year we beat germany 1-5, and i had my first pair of turntables and took up proper dj'ing then. oh yeah and some of my fave kids tv was around then too, everyone was stupid enough to be into wrestling. although i never took interest in it.

a lot of members on this site like ema would of been into barbie dolls or action man back then. or even nappies!!!

share with me your favorite year and i may give you mad responses in reward.

on the grid.

My favourite year was probably 2004. Apart from my ex-boyfriend, most things were good that year. In January we had GCSE mocks and I had 2 best friends and we all got on really well. Then the two of them sort of fell apart later in the year and it went wrong. I had just got a digital camera and I have loads of photos and videos of us together in January-February. I made some new friends then as well and we all had loads of fun together.

Things kinda went wrong around June when my mum was in hospital and stuff, but I had a great 16th birthday just around town with a bunch of friends. I was really close to several friends who I hardly talk to anymore.

In the summer I went to Canada which was amazing, probably the best holiday ever. Then I started sixth form, and met some new people, and made some new friends. I just mostly remember having some great friends, and now I miss them like crazy.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

2001 and 2005 have probably been the worst years of my life to date, as people I cared about died in those years. 2006 was nothing special, but I did get a job early in 2006 and just lately things have picked up. Outside of that, 1999 was probably the best as I was in London for quite a lot of it and met my first 'proper' girlfriend at a cousin's party there..

The best and worst year of my life was Sept 2001 - Sept 2002. It was bad because that's the year my parents split up and we had to choose who we wanted to live with. That was the hardest choice of my life. I chose to live with my Dad in England, but I decided to stay with Mum about 18 months later.

It was good because, while we were living in England, I had the best year of school ever. I was in Year 6 then and had the best friends a girl could ask for. I was also doing well at school and mainly enjoying life. If Mum had waited another year to leave, it would've been perfect.

1812 was a good year, we won the battle of Trafalgar. I also quite liked 1969, the summer of love, 2043 we defeated the invading army of mutant space ants.

I don't sodding know, they all just blend in to one after a while, I can't remember If I last saw my dad a few months ago or if it was 3 years ago...honestly stuff happens and it gets stored away with no time index on it so I have some memories in which I'm 5 years old and then a few minutes later in my memory it was last tuesday!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

1997. As long as I live I will always remember 1997. The summer, namely.

I was 13 then. Hanson had just broken onto the scene and I was obsessed. I had thier album and never stopped playing it. It drove my family nuts. I was on swim team. Everybody on my swim team hated Hanson so much. We would all sit by the side of the pool with towels and magazines and wait for our race to be called over the PA. We would bring radios to the swim meets and listen to the top 40 station Q94 playing the hits of summer. The song Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind was a massive hit and was all over the radio that summer. Every time it came on we would turn it up and sing along. I can remember standing around the pool screaming it during a race. I also remember cranking it on my radio at home and jumping on the bed. I was so innocent and so happy. The summer of 97 was epic. I had a best friend Rachel, who also loved Hanson, and we thought Taylor Hanson was God's gift to the world. I just remember thinking, oh my god he's SOOO hot! I used to tape thier TV appearances on this one tape (like Laura did with Spice Girls) and Rachel and I would watch it and it made us cry because we loved them so much. I cant ever remember loving an artist that much, to that extent, in my life.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21