Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

1 hour ago, NathanS said:

Is that the first time Arielle has been off this year (excluding bank holidays)? Grimmy hasn't had any weeks off air since Christmas either (apart from the one day covered by Jack Saunders). Hopefully we get a good couple of weeks back to back of Jordan covering soon.

Yep, first time off for Arielle since she took over Early Breakfast.

4 hours ago, NathanS said:

Is that the first time Arielle has been off this year (excluding bank holidays)? Grimmy hasn't had any weeks off air since Christmas either (apart from the one day covered by Jack Saunders). Hopefully we get a good couple of weeks back to back of Jordan covering soon.

I would be a little surprised to see Jordan back on Drive this year... Just a hunch that he won't present that show again until he gets it permanently (hopefully in January). Of course I could be wrong!

2 hours ago, Bluestraw said:

I would be a little surprised to see Jordan back on Drive this year... Just a hunch that he won't present that show again until he gets it permanently (hopefully in January). Of course I could be wrong!

Notable too that Rickie, Melvin and Charlie aren't covering for Clara this week for the same reason (that they are moving to that slot later in the year).

1 hour ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Anyone else feeling that September is quite a long wait for the major schedule changes, and that they should crack on with as many as possible sooner?

There is probably contractual reasons why Septembers chosen plus the fact a number of presenters will be off for 2 weeks or so or more across the summer means September is probably a good time to launch a new schedule. 

1 hour ago, R1Fan1 said:

What changes do you want them to make though?

I kind of like it when the bbc announce changes to the schedule months in advance as it makes it seem like something more significant and something that the marketing and promotion team can build up any drive listeners to. Also think giving RMC and Clara Amfo time before starting their new shows gives them plenty of time with production team to refine trial and do some pre broadcast pilots and think by that time. If would sound like a project ready to broadcast 

2 hours ago, Jono said:

I think Radio 1 will start to sound fresher as lockdown restrictions lift, guests start to visit presenters, teams can get out of the studio for broadcasts...

I think if the lockdown loosening of restrictions do go as planned probably station may have some ideas to adjust to that to reflect the reverting back to listener habits think it will be refresh when Danny Howard and Sarah Storey start their shows as they may try to do some events around clubs reopening or reflect peiooe going out ago. It would not surprise me if Greg, RMC, Scott, Grimmy may have some sort of interactive special bits as have done with the find Greg and Grim at end of year begining of next.

would be good if do bring more people into the studio do think they should’ve done more with guests down the line through lockdown as enjoyed the all star mixes on Scott’s show with Mel C Daisy May Cooper and Peter Crouch 

5 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Yeah, maybe. Still a long wait though.

I think with lockdowns and travel restrictions some are trying to bank their holidays as can see Grim getting a couple weeks of July and August and as people can have either local or international holidays think people have been holding on to them but I think sometimes Grimmy probably is in more of a comfortable position less commitments at the moment and things settled explaining little time of. I wonder who’s to do Annie’s shows in August before Clara and Sarah start but I know Grims definately not going to have time of for Annie’s last week or two think there maybe a cohost around then and some guests giving farewell think over summer weeks could imagine could see like in 2018. Some of the weekend presenters covering daytime. I do think that Jordan possibly should be used as primary breakfast presenter. As things go back to normal think there will be more time of there and then 

5 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Yeah, maybe. Still a long wait though.

I think with lockdowns and travel restrictions some are trying to bank their holidays as can see Grim getting a couple weeks of July and August and as people can have either local or international holidays think people have been holding on to them but I think sometimes Grimmy probably is in more of a comfortable position less commitments at the moment and things settled explaining little time of. I wonder who’s to do Annie’s shows in August before Clara and Sarah start but I know Grims definately not going to have time of for Annie’s last week or two think there maybe a cohost around then and some guests giving farewell think over summer weeks could imagine could see like in 2018. Some of the weekend presenters covering daytime. I do think that Jordan possibly should be used as primary breakfast presenter. As things go back to normal think there will be more time of there and then 

5 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

Let’s not forget, they have all these cover presenters from Christmas and Friday early breakfast, so if Matt & Mollie and Jordan were to move to weekdays temporarily, then one of them could take their slot for a period of time.

10 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Annie Mac is off for a week from 31st May.

Jack Saunders is covering Mon-Thur and Jax Jones is covering Fri.

Jess Iszatt is covering Jack Mon-Wed and Nels Hylton is covering Thur.

Interesting to see Jax Jones covering I think he’s a good cover choice for that one off special as has a good show over on Apple Music 

14 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Let’s not forget, they have all these cover presenters from Christmas and Friday early breakfast, so if Matt & Mollie and Jordan were to move to weekdays temporarily, then one of them could take their slot for a period of time.

Yea get what you mean now think there’s a chance happening of that happening maybe if Arielle scheduled to do weekend cover in more of middle of the day afternoon or late morning weekends can see their new and up and coming voices will be used more to cover slots like early breakfast and weekend breakfast depend on the state of the who’s booked holidays when think it’s case if it’s short noticed will br one of the current roster of presenters contracted,. But won’t surprise me if Jess Izsatt is presenting Jacks show in August and few of the presenters take hols maybe could see Jordan covering Clara’s slot for a week or two between when the switch of RMC and CA possibly could see Adele Roberts covering RMC evening before JS take it for a one or two week