Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


Dan18F1

Schedule Changes

Recommended Posts


28 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

Katie is in for Adele tommrow

And she seems to be for most of, if not all of next week as well, as Adele is in for Clara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, sorry to double post, but does anyone know if R1 are doing anything different over the Easter Weekend like a Ten Hour Takeover or a countdown of some sort? I seem to remember that they normally do, but I’ve not seen or heard anything being trailed for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

Also, sorry to double post, but does anyone know if R1 are doing anything different over the Easter Weekend like a Ten Hour Takeover or a countdown of some sort? I seem to remember that they normally do, but I’ve not seen or heard anything being trailed for it. 

I don’t think so. Wonder if R2 are doing anything? That could be why maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 1:53 AM, Marcus17 said:

Yeah, Good Friday is one of only 2 Fridays each year with no Newsbeat shows. [...] they've just done the chart 4-6 and announced the number 1 at around 17.50, which is always quite funny cause the number 1 still gets revealed on the Official Charts company website at 17.45, so they're building up the tension on r1 whilst everyone else already knows who number 1 is.

And they did it again. :D (I'm in CEST, an hour ahead of the UK, they had it up by 17:45 UK time.)

On a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 0.1 level spoiler. :D 

chart.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of schedule changes in the next week (unfortunately the schedule hasn’t updated very far in advance) 

Rest if this week is Matt and Mollie in for Greg 

Jack is in for Annie and Sophie K is in for Jack on Thursday. 

On Friday, Danny is in for Annie and Monki is in for Danny. 

Dev is flying solo this weekend in the afternoon 

On Bank Holiday Monday, Matt and Mollie and in for Greg, Dev and Alice are in for Scott. 

Also on Tuesday, Dev and Alice are in for Scott. It will be interesting if Chris is with them. 

Finally, next Friday, Jordan is in for Scott on the chart! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rylan tweeted he’s here this Saturday on 2 than him and Scott are off to Eurovision.

Glad Dev and Alice are covering couldn’t bare Matt and mollie any more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Scott's Monday special is a pre record then, if they are off to eurovision

I am glad its Dev and Alice as well

I can see Dev getting 1-4 going forward actually as he's not got other weekday commitments like Alice has and Alice going solo weekends also Chris would work well with Dev if Scott went to R2 and Chris stayed at R1

It looks to me that the current way of covering seems to be weekend guys do their slot weekdays if the equivalent is off now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I am wondering is; who decides who the cover presenters are and what they do; how do they allocate it, I assume someone like Scotts agents talk to R1 management and say when he's off so they have to cover

I wonder if they have like a rota person who produces it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the start time of the weekday breakfast show being brought forward to 6am in the not too distant future. Makes more sense to have it consistent with the weekend breakfast show (they can't start the weekend breakfast show at 6.30 as the specialist shows on before it all last 2 hours), and also allows the early breakfast show to be 4-6am all 5 days rather than having one show shorter than the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lee E said:

I wonder if Scott's Monday special is a pre record then, if they are off to eurovision

I am glad its Dev and Alice as well

I can see Dev getting 1-4 going forward actually as he's not got other weekday commitments like Alice has and Alice going solo weekends also Chris would work well with Dev if Scott went to R2 and Chris stayed at R1

It looks to me that the current way of covering seems to be weekend guys do their slot weekdays if the equivalent is off now

It mube a pre-record. Hes on Radio 1 at 1PM. Altough hes a legend unfortinally he cant be in two places at once. Though thinking about that would be quite funny.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Marcus17 said:

I can see the start time of the weekday breakfast show being brought forward to 6am in the not too distant future. Makes more sense to have it consistent with the weekend breakfast show (they can't start the weekend breakfast show at 6.30 as the specialist shows on before it all last 2 hours), and also allows the early breakfast show to be 4-6am all 5 days rather than having one show shorter than the rest.

Talking about that, noted that Adele has dropped the Friday resident DJ segment for the earlier finish "Film friday" dropped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last 2 weeks have been Greg’s first major time off since taking over Breakfast last year, and we’ve heard Matt and Mollie doing a good job sitting in for him. But what about Scott and the tradition of him taking on Breakfast when the main man is away...? As we know that happened under Moyles and Grimmy, but is it now different under Greg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Pannell said:

The last 2 weeks have been Greg’s first major time off since taking over Breakfast last year, and we’ve heard Matt and Mollie doing a good job sitting in for him. But what about Scott and the tradition of him taking on Breakfast when the main man is away...? As we know that happened under Moyles and Grimmy, but is it now different under Greg?

When Greg first started it continued, Scott covered the day he got married a few weeks after taking over, then he was the anchor man for the escape room show

Scott also covered it a bit over Christmas; its clear they always intended Scott to cover as they had imaging done for him

Matt and Mollie covered over Christmas for the second week (Greg had two weeks off over Xmas) because Scott was off too, and now seem to have been used for this period of leave, my guessing is that A because of last week nearly every other show was cover, so Scott was consistent and B because Scott may have had this massive Taylor Swift thing today so needed to be on afternoons, which IMO would have been better him doing it on breakfast, C Scott has eurovision stuff happening and D Radio 2 cover work 

I'd say a domino effect has now happened starting with Chris Evans and Simon Mayo leaving R2, TBF if that hadn't happened and a route to R2 wasn't open now, then maybe Scott just may have taken the Heart job? 

So with Evans leaving and Mayo, that opened the door for Zoe and Sara therefore opened the door for Scott to start covering more, like Sara did in about 2011/12/13 time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radio 1 comedy on May 24th has the description "Tap End Revisited, Episode 1. Chris Stark heads back to the Tap End!" Are these new stories or are they just replaying old ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, josie88 said:

Radio 1 comedy on May 24th has the description "Tap End Revisited, Episode 1. Chris Stark heads back to the Tap End!" Are these new stories or are they just replaying old ones?

Most likely a show playing old clips with Chris speaking in between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big weekend schedule is out 

Friday is a combo of Greg and Matt and Mollie on breakfast branded as Gregs show so wonder if he will use his imaging etc?

Also Arielle in for Matt and Mollie Sat and Sun 

Maya and Jordan doubling up 10-1 and Dev and Alice on at 1, but no other DJs on schedule so wonder if theyll just float about or do a bit each - last year Scott was in evening on Sunday IIRC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lee E said:

Big weekend schedule is out 

Friday is a combo of Greg and Matt and Mollie on breakfast branded as Gregs show so wonder if he will use his imaging etc?

They’ll use a big weekend imaging im sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lee E said:

Big weekend schedule is out 

Friday is a combo of Greg and Matt and Mollie on breakfast branded as Gregs show so wonder if he will use his imaging etc?

Also Arielle in for Matt and Mollie Sat and Sun 

Maya and Jordan doubling up 10-1 and Dev and Alice on at 1, but no other DJs on schedule so wonder if theyll just float about or do a bit each - last year Scott was in evening on Sunday IIRC 

I imagine Scott will be there. Also why do they keep doubling up Jordan and Maya for events like Redding and Leeds, Teen awards and now big weekend! 

So it looks like Arilelle’s live from London then at 10 live from Middlesbrough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

I imagine Scott will be there. Also why do they keep doubling up Jordan and Maya for events like Redding and Leeds, Teen awards and now big weekend! 

So it looks like Arilelle’s live from London then at 10 live from Middlesbrough?

Yeah looks that way to me

The week before usually loads of weekday shows are from the place too, not mentioned next week until Friday breakfast unless the others are going up in the week - wonder if Scott has to be in London for the chart Friday then travel up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone

Aled here, Head of Programmes at Radio 1. Thank you for all your passion for Scott,  Chris and Radio 1 - the station’s success relies on fans like yourselves caring about radio and what we do and all of us at Radio 1 really appreciate it. 

Don't worry - I’m not planning on hanging around and cramping your style, I’m trying to get hold of Jono. I’ve used the ‘Contact us’ section but I’ve heard nothing yet, if someone on the board has his contact please ask him to email me. 

(It’s nothing bad!) 

Keep up the amazing work everyone, be as critical as you like, I’m sure Scott appreciates it. 

Thanks,

Aled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, R1Aled said:

Hello everyone

Aled here, Head of Programmes at Radio 1. Thank you for all your passion for Scott,  Chris and Radio 1 - the station’s success relies on fans like yourselves caring about radio and what we do and all of us at Radio 1 really appreciate it. 

Don't worry - I’m not planning on hanging around and cramping your style, I’m trying to get hold of Jono. I’ve used the ‘Contact us’ section but I’ve heard nothing yet, if someone on the board has his contact please ask him to email me. 

(It’s nothing bad!) 

Keep up the amazing work everyone, be as critical as you like, I’m sure Scott appreciates it. 

Thanks,

Aled. 

Hey Aled, your'e not cramping style hanging about, would be lovely to have a Q&A with you? its so important to have forums like this where us "geeks" can nerd out about all things radio and learn the inner workings of what happens behind the scenes of R1 

Personally you, Chris Moyles Scott and Greg were my inspiration to get into community radio and I've just started a new show on Uckfield FM in Sussex, and loving every minute of it, I have done shows on another station too, but this one is the best I've been to and I've only got you guys to thank for that - radio does so much for my mental health too so thanks 

Lovely to hear from you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...