Unofficial Mills

Grimmy's news presenter on breakfast

Jono

They REALLY don't want a zoo format, do they?

Grimmy quite often talks to others in the studio, so this could end up like him sounding lonely/ lost on air...

Think it's called "saving money" more like it. BBC cutbacks and all that. Mind you, I have never understood the need for two seperate presenters.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I don't see why Chris Smith couldn't be the new morning newsreader. He interacted really well with Scott during the old 4-7 show, and is funny on Greg's as well. Unless they're putting up a solid wall between the newsreader and Grimmy's crew, Chris would fit in really well.

They REALLY don't want a zoo format, do they?

Grimmy quite often talks to others in the studio, so this could end up like him sounding lonely/ lost on air...

It's a shame that they seem intent on not letting Grimmy be Grimmy. Obviously they want him to sound different to Moyles. But bar Moyles & Scott, utilises a team the most of the DJs on Radio 1. He even co-hosts a show with Annie. Apart from Moyles, Grimmy is the only DJ who will criticize the music or other people. (He launched a tirade against Christina Aguliera on his Sunday Show with Annie a few months back).

I'm worried people will accuse him of copying Moyles

It's pretty clear that radio one is systematically being ruined in the quest for a younger listenership, however it's obvious that Ben cooper doesn't really understand that he's trying to orient the station towards a fairly uninterested market of younguns well catered for by Kiss. And that's never gonna work. So they're pushing away their established listener ship to bring in an audience which here unlikely to reach.

So yeah, they're going to try their best to keep the zoo format gone. More music that way. It's all so very sad. Grimster will most likely be the first casualty. Unless I'm entirely proved wrong. Which I'd love by the way!

Nik B.

Born to Toads.