Unofficial Mills

Facebook Connect

Jono

It's not the most exciting feature in the world but some might find it useful.

At the top of the page you'll see the Facebook logo. Clicking it will enable you to link your account to the website.

This means you'll be able to "like" threads so they come up on your wall/feed and also the news articles on the website too.

This, of course, isn't that revolutionary. What will hopefully be a bit more convenient is that users will be able to register using Facebook connect meaning less data to submit and may appeal to bringing in more users.

I didn't put it on my profile page, but it's not a secret on my Facebook that I'm on here though, in fact some off here added me as friends... But I won't connect it though, I don't really trust the whole F-connect thing.

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

Personally, I don't even use Facebook! I'm such a loner....

I suggest trying to keep it that way as long as possible. If I had my way I would never have signed up, I only did it because a lot of my friends/contacts were abandoning the "immature" Bebo in favour of the more "grown up" Farcebook and it was the only way I had of being able to keep in contact with them.

I won't link UM to my FB but that is because I don't like FB and refuse to link it to any other websites I use.

Not impressed with censorship