Unofficial Mills

DAB Radios

Bish

I'm really interested to hear what other Radio 1 fans listen to our beloved Scott Mills show on. I had a Pure Evoke Flow for a few months but it broke, I had it replaced and a week later it broke again. So today I got my money back and brought a Pure Evoke 1S, it's not as beautiful and lacks internet radio, podcasts and listen again; But hopefully it will be more reliable.

So what DAB radios do you guys have and are they any good?

SamMillsBish.png

i have a pure one, i only have the bbc stations tuned into it & i only listen to R6 with it, will be useless in the next year or so as they are changing the frequencies or something so all the old dab radios won't be able to pick anything up when they switch over, i doubt i will buy another one as they are a bit of a waste of money & you can either pick up the station or you can't.

:)

dab + is on the way apparently, because standard dab has been a failiure so im told. so come 5 years all the tuners we have will be rendered useless, and we'll have to pay over £100 probably for this new amazing dab +.

on the grid.

dab + is on the way apparently, because standard dab has been a failiure so im told. so come 5 years all the tuners we have will be rendered useless, and we'll have to pay over £100 probably for this new amazing dab +.

I think I read somewhere there'd be a long complicated process to ensure normal DAB broadcasted for a little while longer while people naturally got DAB+ integrated sets and the space freed from terrestrial switching off would allow both systems to be broadcasted? *shrugs*

I think I read somewhere there'd be a long complicated process to ensure normal DAB broadcasted for a little while longer while people naturally got DAB+ integrated sets and the space freed from terrestrial switching off would allow both systems to be broadcasted? *shrugs*

i wouldn't see the point in both to be honest, but you may be right.

i lost dab in my car since i bought the mx5 (although it needs a new stereo, so it might be back), and my plug in tuner that i bought in 2006 i hardly use anymore. i used to plug it into my pc and record scott's show. but since they got rid of listen again and bought in the i player, the quality of the streams are equal to the dab output. freeview and sky are higher quality running at 192kbps instead of 128kbps, but i can hardly be arsed to hook up to that all the time. i usually grab anything bbc based from the i player before they take it down.

on the grid.

I have a Robi thing that plugs into my ipod. I love it, but there are lots of wires.

I had one of those but It didn't seem to like my iPhone :( So I had to take it back... However now I have the TuneIn Radio app which streams all BBC radio stations and more to my phone over 2.5G/3G and WiFi.

SamMillsBish.png