Unofficial Mills

Comedy Dave needs a Comedy Dave

The Stig

Right so Chappers has gawn. Therefore no more Chappers and Dave filling in. So an idea, why not get Dave to do some fill in work, but instead of doing it on his own give him a Comedy Dave sort of figure. I am proposing that Radio 1 should give some weekend cover work to instead of Chappers and Dave. "Dave and Dom".

35610_2.jpg

Your thoughts please.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Ummm, not for me. I think Dave and Dom appear to me a more natural double act than Dave and Aled.

Just because their names alliterate.. Lame excuse if so :P (emphasis on the :P part of that)

Aaaanyhow, Dave and Dev if we're going on the above excuse.. If not, I think, although it's not the most likely combination, Dave and Huw. I just wanna see how they get on.

samozzy.png

presenting newsbeat is probably harder as i think there are more buttons to press, most of the segueways after the news for example are all pre recorded. Mic up, mic down play song/promo/whatever! Dave and Dom def, Aled already has one show and is good at it, but he is a prod not presenter

Capes :)

Mabye if they had Dave cover for Coxy when she is on maternity leave they could have a different co-host every week.

Not a bad idea actually, don't think they'll do it mind, but it was just listening to Jaymo and Andy George the other day I couldn't help but think I'd much rather be listening to Dave, even if he was on his own.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Please no. I cannot bear Dominic- the weak point of the Chris Moyles Show for me. His stupidity really irritates me- I quite like newsreaders to have some semblance of intelligence.

I couldn't disagree more. Dom is a rare talent. Not only is he an excellent newsreader who fits in with Newsbeat's style perfectly but he has a unique sense of humour and is naturally very funny. It's rare for a newsreader to have that side to him and I think it's something he should be praised for.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I couldn't disagree more. Dom is a rare talent. Not only is he an excellent newsreader who fits in with Newsbeat's style perfectly but he has a unique sense of humour and is naturally very funny. It's rare for a newsreader to have that side to him and I think it's something he should be praised for.

The Stig makes sense! :D

• 4 weeks later...