Unofficial Mills

Greg's new afternoon show

Dave1

Gregs Friday afternoon show was amazing. I'm all for Greg.. but as much as I like Fearne Cotton... I prefer Jo Whiley...and I never thought I'd ever say that.

Another year extension for Jo please, BBCR1... just til I get out of the job I'm in then you can put whoever you want wherever you want. I won't care. haha.

Where has the Flash Flash song gone? the bumhole. It best make a reappearance... pronto.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of changes to the show today. Greg seems to have dropped the Peter Dickson voiceovers into Newsbeat. And, unless I'm mistaken, his favourite thing of the day seems to have gone too. Dunno if he mentioned it. He's starting to settle in now, and the show's finding its feet. It's not like anything else on Radio 1, it's quite topical and random. I like it.

I think Peter would have only been for the first week really, just something special.

He's back on again this week. I guess they record them on Monday afternoons.

I think the favourite thing was a bit tedious on the blog because it meant the quality was lowered of posts.

Good to hear Neil behind the microphone today, Greg's even interrupting the news a bit today which is good to hear. A lot less 'stiff' this week - awful word though!

He's back on again this week. I guess they record them on Monday afternoons.

I think the favourite thing was a bit tedious on the blog because it meant the quality was lowered of posts.

Good to hear Neil behind the microphone today, Greg's even interrupting the news a bit today which is good to hear. A lot less 'stiff' this week - awful word though!

I don't like the Peter Dickson things. They're really irritating and trying too hard to be random. Greg is sounding good though. Only thing is, I dunno why he pre-records so much. All the interviews with the 'experts' (sport, gaming etc) are on tape, as are the calls from listeners. It takes some of the spontaneity away.

I don't like the Peter Dickson things. They're really irritating and trying too hard to be random. Greg is sounding good though. Only thing is, I dunno why he pre-records so much. All the interviews with the 'experts' (sport, gaming etc) are on tape, as are the calls from listeners. It takes some of the spontaneity away.

Was last weeks gaming expert a pre-record? And which calls from listeners?

james_ryder.png

Was last weeks gaming expert a pre-record? And which calls from listeners?

Yeah I think Sim Wise is pre-recorded as she said she was listening on her Twitter.

And the callers - the ones he records straight after coming off-air. I think it makes sense to record spontaneous calls due to the time the show is broadcast.

Yeah I think Sim Wise is pre-recorded as she said she was listening on her Twitter.

And the callers - the ones he records straight after coming off-air. I think it makes sense to record spontaneous calls due to the time the show is broadcast.

I had a feeling he meant the callers after the show. If anything thats more fun as Gre said its just a general chat so they could end be just as funny a live calls

james_ryder.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening earlier and it seems that Greg and the team might be starting to develop a zoo sort of format for the show apart from Producer Neil chipping in occasionally, Freya who works on the show had a full conversation with a caller earlier.

Any thoughts about this? I think its quiet a good idea but i know some people don't want another zoo format like Moyles and Mills.

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

Guest inxces4308

I'm really really enjoying Gregs show in the afternoon. He's taken it into his own and done exactly what he needed to.

The main thing i've found with the show is how it grabs you from nowhere. We have it on in the office most days and on several occasions recently, we've all suddenly just tuned into what he's saying and ended up turing the radio up. The battle Westwood feature being a perfect example.

Hope it continues!

Fearne Cotten however is awful. Can't stand her, really really annoying. Even more than Jo Whiley and I didn't expect to ever be saying that!