Unofficial Mills

Greg's new afternoon show

Dave1

So what do you think of Greg's new show?

It seems to be going good so far bringing some of the old features such as The best bit of the radio from yesterday, i wonder if the mp3 game will be back on later! Not sure about the voice over guy before the 2.30 news, it might grow on me though.

But the new feature 'Feet Up Friday' looks quite good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gregjames/feet_up.shtml

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First impression is that Greg is a good replacement for Edith and provides more in that slot than Edith and movies did. However, I think it will need work. The features aren't the most imaginative - I guess lunch time is a different show and won't be as wacky as early breakfast - but I liked the old spontaneous Greg. It's difficult because I love Greg in the mornings but I never overly enjoyed Greg's covering for Mills so hopefully he'll find the right balance.

It's obvious they're going to need time to find their feet as with Fearne but I'm confident he will make that slot his own in time.

Gregs first show,

well i don't see what all the fuss was/is about regarding Greg,

still sounds like he is talking 'at' the listener rather than 'to' the listener,

the 'Greg's fave game' his fave song, book, photo or bit from a tv/radio show is just lame & by choosing a song from Shooting Stars that is no where near as good as it used to be made it sound even worse & once it was played he just went into anther track, not sure how a book or photo will work on the radio, hmmm,

the re-interviewing of the artiest from Fearne's 'Live Lounge' when they have already been interviewed by Fearne is just pointless, i don't get why anyone thought that would be a good idea,

that innuendo bingo has been by Greg for ages & also done by Scott, it is funny but the novelty soon wears off & that maybe why Scott doesn't bother with it anymore,

i just found the show bland & un-interesting, basically its exactly the same as Edith's show but with no movies chat or interesting movie guests, that just leaves someone pushing a button to play a track, that is just what you can get from the commercial radio stations,

on a positive note the afternoon did seem to go by rather quickly as the show just, merged into Fearne's & the whole show just blurred into just track after track & nothing to entertain the listener.

Ricky will be good on the show (big guest in the first week or so, seems strange, clutching at straws perhaps?) just depends on if he (Greg) has improved his interview style as he mentioned on the show today.

i dunno, 2 maybe 3 out of 5 (5 is Edith)

:)

i just found the show bland & un-interesting, basically its exactly the same as Edith's show but with no movies chat or interesting movie guests,

*Sniggers*

In my opinion, if there's less movies chat, there's more chance I'll be a regular listener.

Alan, you didn't enjoy it? Fair enough, everything you've said before now has led me to think you would have a fair balanced opinion that wouldn't have been decided upon before listening to the show. I knew you'd give it a fair chance.

well i have always said i would listen before i say anything,

ok i may have said a lot of stuff above, but that is what i feel, i don't want to turn off R1 far from it, i don't really have much choice only turn the radio off altogether :(

i won't say i didn't like the show but the show was just empty i thought, it was just Greg playing music & a R1 show has got to be more than that, (i expect much more from a R1 show than that) the show needs something to make it different, ok so Jono & others didn't like the movie part of Edith's show, but at least it was different, they have had more than enough time to think up some idea's for the new show.

i didn't think the constant references to his old show or Fearne's helped much either.

:)

I agree the Live Lounge bit added nothing to the show but at the end of the day they're going to have to promote Fearne's show anyway so he might as well do something a bit different to Moyles and Mills' repeat of the track. It's a bit unfortunate though that Greg's interview seemed more interesting than Fearne's interview - "what's your favourite cartoon character" and "what is your ringtone?".

Bit confused about the lack of Dolly Parton in the system for ten minute takeover. We had Mika, Kid Cudi and Mumford and Sons? A bit fishy that.

that innuendo bingo has been by Greg for ages & also done by Scott, it is funny but the novelty soon wears off & that maybe why Scott doesn't bother with it anymore,

i just found the show bland & un-interesting, basically its exactly the same as Edith's show

I just love that you mentioned innuendo bingo and then Scott plays it! :heh:

Plus that sentance is just classic.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Oh Dearey me. Why not more personality Greg? Thats what makes your show. No memorable features at all. Listenable but not a calender event. Needs a big feature like Flirt Divert, Whats occurin?, Carpark Catchphrase etc.

Early breakfast didn't start off like that though.

I agree the Live Lounge bit added nothing to the show but at the end of the day they're going to have to promote Fearne's show anyway so he might as well do something a bit different to Moyles and Mills' repeat of the track. It's a bit unfortunate though that Greg's interview seemed more interesting than Fearne's interview - "what's your favourite cartoon character" and "what is your ringtone?".

Bit confused about the lack of Dolly Parton in the system for ten minute takeover. We had Mika, Kid Cudi and Mumford and Sons? A bit fishy that.

Did she not ask them the stupid weather question her & Reggie asked people on the chart show?

james_ryder.png

Much as I love Greg, I really felt his show lacked a bit of oooomph today.

Constructive suggestions that spring to mind are firstly having a bit more of a team (noticed they made a half hearted effort at this with Frema (?) nice newsreader lady), and more features/guests.

Shall continue to listen though.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.