• Manchester - the 7th of November
    • Manchester - the 14th of November
    • Manchester - the 21st of November
    • Manchester - the 28th of November

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big question: Should I tell my parents what I'm doing, or just say I'm going to meet uni friends up north for the day? The main reason I don't tell my parents what I'm up to is because they then ask far too many questions. Does anyone else have trouble explaining where they're going to family/friends? Meeting people off the internet is becoming more common but it's still got a bit of a bad reputation...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeah, I feel exactly the same, I don't know whether or not to tell my parents about it either - although I'm not really under any obligation to tell them as I'll be in Birmingham at the time. I'll probably just say that I'm going into town on that day to meet up with some uni friends, or my ex. I doubt I'll tell them what I'm actually doing until after I've done it, as they'll only ask questions and do the whole 'overly concerned parent' act until I get so fed up that I eventually decide not to go after all.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

The big question: Should I tell my parents what I'm doing, or just say I'm going to meet uni friends up north for the day? The main reason I don't tell my parents what I'm up to is because they then ask far too many questions. Does anyone else have trouble explaining where they're going to family/friends? Meeting people off the internet is becoming more common but it's still got a bit of a bad reputation...

I told my mum yesterday.

Me: "I won't be around on November 28th- I'm going to Manchester"

Mum: "Who you going there with?"

Me: "Going to meet people from the Scott Mills fansite"

Mum: "How you getting there?"

Me: "Train or coach, not checked prices yet"

Mum: "Yeah coach will probably be cheaper"

Me: "Yeah I'll probably go on the coach"

That was it :P

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

When I first went to meet someone from the internet which was about 2 months ago I just told my parents that I was planning on going to Southampton to meet someone from the internet, they asked who it was (how I know them, age etc)

and that was pretty much it, they dropped me to the station and asked me to text when I got there and when I first met with the person and that was it pretty much :)

If you tell them that it's a meet up with people from all around the country doing the same for the first time I'm sure they will be fine.

after I came back alive the first time it was just a case or asking for a lift on xx day

Attunement.png

I've met something like 7 people off the internet, plus I've met people through those people I met online. My parents know about some of these people I've met. It shouldn't be too difficult I suppose, I just don't like answering their questions. I'm 21, I go random places and meet random people a lot for work, and it's not like I'm staying away anywhere. Just gotta tell them I guess, meh. I guess the fact I haven't spent a weekend at home with them since.... er... about last December is making them a little bit paranoid that I've been avoiding them!

Yeah, I mentioned it to my mum this morning, but she seemed more interested in making coffee so didn't seem to be listening. I've told her about it, and I've written it on the calendar, but she'll probably still claim that I never mentioned it to her.

Oooh dear...I have three class tests, one radio package, one radio script and about two essays (there's probably more) in fairly soon. This means I may not be able to join you for all of the day depending on how much I've got through, but I will be there, even if it means I have to turn up at about three/four-ish. Deal?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.