Unofficial Mills

New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

are you suggesting that Jo, Fearne & Edith don't have talent ?

Jo & Edith are from the old school of DJ'ing 8)

Ima not but I think (could be wrong) that they are saying better to have more men there with talent that women (randomers) without talent. That's how @I choose to interpret it anyway!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

I've never really posted on here but read the message boards every few days. Here's my opinions:

-Very happy for a start Chris and Scott are staying in their places. I love both shows and feel that for me, they pretty much provide what I want.

-I'm really fond of Greg, particularly when he covers Scott and Vernon's shows. I don't know what it is exactly, possibly as I'm pretty much the same age and also just out of Uni, I find myself being able to relate a lot to what he talks about, and I've probably got a similar sense of humor. If I'm honest, he's probably the DJ I'd "most like to go for a pint with". Personally, it bugged me that Edith's shows got filled with more and more stuff about movies. I always thought her best stuff was just after Colin left....

-As for Fearne, hmmmm. I quite happily listen to Jo, there's nothing I dislike about her show, just nothing other than the Live Lounge that particularly grabs me. I've often switched off Fearne when she's been recently covering for Edith, I remember one week where she seemed to spend most of the shows talking about 'made up words'.... Hopefully I found her dull as she was stuck trying to fill someone elses show, and she'll be better when she can do what she likes from the start.

-My interest will be who now covers for Scott! I'd quite like it to be Sara.

nothing against Greg & & Fearne but i h hope the changes fail miserably just to prove point that the R1 bosses have simply caved into the other media company's & have no idea how to run the BBC's flagship radio station let alone one of the best radio stations in the world.

Well, nothing against Greg at least, but I do tend to agree with your sentiment.

I agree that female presence is important, however, I'd rather male DJs with talent than female DJs without.

Yup. Agree completely. I'd class myself as a feminist, but would certainly never ignore real talent. I don't wholly approve of 'positive discrimination' either.

Anyhow, either Annie Mac or Huw Stephens should've been given Jo's show.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I think I may find myself tuning away from Radio One and into my local stations!

I wanted new talent, not just a shuffle around! Despite this I think the thing to take away is that the weekend line up is now quite strong. As much as I didnt like Ediths afternoon show, she may actually be just what I want at that time of the morning, and Jo's show imo will translate quite well to a weekday afternoon (I think she should just take her whole show and not change it).

Weekdays is a worry. While you have Chris and Scott holding down the main shows the three shows around them just dont have enough appeal. Greg is great, but really at that time of the afternoon - the slot is not right, and is too close to scott. I think that they want him on breakfast or drive in a few years and are worried that if they leave him on earlies he will get offered something else. They have replaced him with Dev when this space should have gone to new talent! Dev is already established within Radio1/1xtra and had only just been given weekend breakfast.

Fearne on at that time is a big mistake - she shoudl have had Edith show if they wanted her on daytimes. Sara Cox is without a doubt the only DJ currently at the station to be able to step into jo's show, make it her own without alienating Jo's loyal followers, and she done a great job covering her maternity.

The shake up does leave the question of cover a bit wide open. I cant see Greg doing as much cover now, and Dev wont be brought onto daytimes just yet. Edith and Jo certainly wont be covering daytimes now, and so Reggie may be the only option, along with maybe annie and nick now and then. Hopefully this is where they will utilize Sara as she has that instantly likeable appeal in any slot!

I think that Radio 1 is now entering a transitional few years where we will see the whole face of the station and its identity changed.

fair play to greg james, he deserves that afternoon slot because there needs to be something more than whiley and bowman between moyles and mills. however they may as well of kept jo whiley where she was, how is fearne cotton going to be any better? ever since i've listened to radio 1 she's been on at that time, if there was someone better to step in i could understand.

on the grid.

Glad Edith is being moved, her show is so dull, think Greg will brighten up afternoons.

As for Jo I don't mind her show but to be replaced by Fearne Cotton is stupid, she has no talent what so ever and will be off more than she is at work as I can't see her giving up TV as that is where the money is.

Didn't mind Nihal on weekend afternoons, he was listenable but I suppose he can do more stuff for the Asian network.

As for the future, within the next 18 months expect Moyles, Mills, Cox, Whiley Judge Jules and Pete Tong to go as radio 1 goes for "youth". Then see the listening figures tumble.

"Just one more game, I promise"

I have always said movies should be limited to weekends though.

I think Greg is still doing Movies on his new weekday show aswell as gaming stuff.

Thank heavens Nihal is going, Jo will be a much better fit. Although it will be very odd hearing both Jo and Edith on weekends. I will keep waking up on a Sunday and thinking it is an afternoon weekday!!

Capes :)

I think that Sara should have been given Jo's show over Fearne. I will miss Edith in the afternoons though, as i have been a fan of her radio show for a number of years, and will also miss Nihal on weekend afternoons - as i have enjoyed listening to his afternoon weekend shows

The excellent SCOTT MILLS remains in his drivetime slot, and CHRIS MOYLES is safe - for now.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes in the autumn.

This amused me no end. Gordon Pillock just loves Scott and so he should. He couldn't resist the dig at Chris though could he?

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

This amused me no end. Gordon Pillock just loves Scott and so he should. He couldn't resist the dig at Chris though could he?

yeah i read that to,

i think Gordon Pillock wants some :hug: from Scott !

whats he gonna be like when they more Scott next year ?

Gordon Pillock the BBC bosses have done it again by removing the one & only talent at Radio-1 by replacing him with Reggie, the drivetime show will never be the same, lets start a Bizarre campaign to get Scott re-instated !

:)

You are talking nonsense Edith lover. Since when has Edith EVER been a old school DJ? She came to radio 1 after hosting Mtv and RI:SE...she has as much a tv pedigree as Fearne.

Brilliant changes in my view, radio 1 can't stay the same for ever and this next step in the stations evolution is going to sound as great as r1 did back in 2005. Well done Greg James..thorougly deserved.

Looking forward to waking up with moyles, spending the morning with Fearne, having lunch with Greg, going home with mills amd staying up with Grimshaw!

You have to feel for JK and Joel, if they had stayed just a extra 6 months things could have been so different. Sliding doors folks. Slidng doors.