Unofficial Mills

Talent star Boyle taken to clinic

me_54m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8076413.stm

BGT (Star/Flop/Constant)? ends up in a mental health clinic...

I think this is a prime example off reality media pressure, far from the seperation of the outside world on reality shows such as BB.

Britain's Got Talent's runner-up Susan Boyle has been taken to a private London clinic with exhaustion.

A woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic, police said.

Officers were called to a London hotel on Sunday at 1800 BST to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act, Scotland Yard said.

The Sun said the Scottish singer was admitted to the Priory clinic with exhaustion, a day after she lost out to dance group Diversity in the ITV1 show.

The Priory Clinic said: "We can neither confirm nor deny the reports."

Diversity beat the West Lothian singer to be named the winner of the talent show on Saturday night in a final watched by an audience of 18 million.

On Sunday, it emerged Boyle was taking time off on the advice of a doctor.

Television company talkbackThames released a statement: "Following Saturday night's show, Susan is exhausted and emotionally drained.

"She has been seen by her private GP who supports her decision to take a few days out for rest and recovery."

"We offer her our ongoing support and wish her a speedy recovery."

The singer became an international singing sensation after first performing "I Dreamed A Dream" in the contest, a song she reprised for the final.

Her performances have attracted millions of hits on video-sharing websites and led to an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show.

Sam

Performing on TV would be stressful enough. I'm impressed she managed to do it.

Saturday's final is the only episode of BGT I've ever watched (I was at a friend's house). Hope she gets better soon really, stress is horrible.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I think that they tried to play it up rather than down. Surely the police were only involved to protect her from the public rather than from herself.

BGT will have private security as will the hotel surely? And it said police were called to doctorS.

Sam

There are many types of learning difficulty. Most of them aren't related to spelling ability.

Weirdly enough someone I was friends with at school (who has been too busy to meet up with me for the past 18 months) collapsed with exhaustion and was taken to hospital a couple of days ago. Just shows it happens to non-celebrities too. Although she is a music student, and pretty melodramatic. Incidentally I only know about this because she's told other people about it at length on Facebook.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

There are many types of learning difficulty. Most of them aren't related to spelling ability.

Weirdly enough someone I was friends with at school (who has been too busy to meet up with me for the past 18 months) collapsed with exhaustion and was taken to hospital a couple of days ago. Just shows it happens to non-celebrities too. Although she is a music student, and pretty melodramatic. Incidentally I only know about this because she's told other people about it at length on Facebook.

Lucinda darling, I was just joking. I am always joking with my comments, I understand some people here will find them a tiny bit mean or offensive but I don't mean anything nasty. :*

Y4Ar5.png