Unofficial Mills

Now Gordon Smart attacks Aled

JonathanEx

Now they're just being all out fucking arseholes. And I say this, fully well knowing The Sun will read it. Hey, they're already sourcing here/ChrisMoyles.net for Aled's statement, newspapers have claimed this is a BBC blog in the past, and the UM Twitter is apparently Scott Mills.

"RADIO 1 brekkie show teaboy ALED JONES has had a secret promotion.

I revealed on Saturday that CHRIS MOYLES’s days on the show are numbered. But its newly appointed “spokesman”, Aled, blogged this was a “journalistic agenda” and bosses had assured him of the slot’s future.

Bit odd, bigwigs keeping the teaboy informed.

I’d like answers on a postcard for Aled’s qualifications to host the Saturday surgery.

Agony aunt indeed. He makes my ears bleed."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2384591.ece

I cannot wait for tomorrow morning.

Aled's a much more qualified host of The Surgery than someone who can't even get the day of the week for the show right claiming to be a journalist. Way to prove that it's not a journalistic agenda, Gordon. I'd use your last name, but it's as accurate as your stories.

Let's see, who are we going to trust on this, someone who works at Radio 1 who is a talented producer, presenter of a highly important show on the station, member of the playlist committee, has commented numerous times as a semi spokesman in the past... or The Sun. Besides, if they listened to Friday's show, they'd know it's the Unit Assistant that has the job of making the tea. But then again, Gordy doesn't know what day of the week is which.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a journalistic agenda if ever I've seen one :) Can they knock The Sun off the Big Weekend media invites and give them to me ;)

Wow, if we ever had doubts that Gordon had lost all credibility yesterday, we now can be certain of this today. I'm with Chappers on calling him "Gordon Pillock" and that's now not even a jokey nickname. He's lost the plot. He really has.

By the way, Gordon, it's the Sunday Surgery. I know you don't listen but at least get your facts right before you write stories. How you became editor I'll never know.

Quite funny really - he had a good story going on Saturday when he said Chris would be chucked off the breakfast show. Now he's ruined it and has ensured Moyles had a huge amount of support behind him.

OH! Does anyone remember Moyles vs the 3am girls, which led to that paper begging for Moyles to call his listeners off from ranting at them down the phones all day? I really cannot wait to see how Moyles gets revenge - it's now against the team and the show as a whole.

I just don't understand this lieing and vindictive behaviour. Has he got nothing else to do with his time than to completely stir up trouble? I also cannot wait for tomorrow, I think he has really crossed the line.

It sells papers, and starts rumours about the show even if completely innaccurate - in an attempt to damage Chris. It's what the tabloids do.

My favourite thing in The Sun is 'News in Briefs', where they make up a quote from a Page 3 girl saying that "Chantelle, 18 today from Essex, is very upset that Gail has lost the university challenge crown.. she says 'well it shows girls aren't just tits on legs and have smarts too!'"

I may have made the quote, but not the feature, up.

--

Good classic listening: http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=539

Chris Moyles vs the 3am Girls. He won VERY easily.

Right allow me to explain my beliefs:

!. Gordon Pillock Don't like Chris

!. Gordon Pillock attempts to make Chris look like an arse

!. Gordon Pillock makes himself look like an arse

!. Gordon Pillock starts to pick on Chris' weaker friends to get some street cred back.

More as this story develops.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Perhaps he's mistaking Aled for Matt Fincham. We all know he's the misinformed tea boy! ;)

Haha, it's not even Matt. Matt Fincham was called in early on Friday as the person who does the tea was ill. Quite topical, was listening on iPlayer earlier about them talking about this on the opening link on Friday's show.

It must be a joke surely. That's the only sensible explanation. Anyone who does even the vaguest amount of research would know Aled's position and that it's the Sunday Surgery. Also to reference Aled "blogging" about "Journalistic agenda" I think implies he took it from here, UM or AHJ as he didn't put that on his Twitter.

As for Aled's qualifications, I'd say they are more substantial than Kelly Osbourne's. He's a BBC employee who presents a show where experts give out advice and information. What other qualities does he need to present a show?

It puts me in mind of a child who just won't admit he is wrong and so starts clutching at straws trying to shift the focus away from himself.

Aled is wrong about one thing though, it's not "Journalistic Agenda" as for that he would need to be a journalist and this is just pure editorialising and badly done at that.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Gordon Smart (born 1980 in Edinburgh, Scotland and raised in Kinross) is editor of The Sun's celebrity column Bizarre [1].

Smart joined Bizarre in 2004 as Victoria Newton's assistant; when Newton was promoted to head of entertainment in November 2007, he became the column editor. A Hibs fan, he was fined for £50 for breach of the peace by entering the Celtic end of Parkhead Stadium whilst shouting 'I love long neck sweaters'.

Smart studied Journalism at Napier University. He married Kate Leishman on 7th June, 2004 at Cleish Parish Church, Perth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Smart

Seems ironic calling Moyles a bully when "Moyles has won numerous awards from The Sun newspaper for best DJ" & now Gorden is having a go at Aled now.

As you use this forum for your research, come on tell us the truth 'Smart' isn't your real surname is it ?

Gordon is nothing but a spineless little worm !

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00394/SNF24GORDN_280_394729a.jpg

:)

I reiterate my call for his Big Weekend media invite ;)

On a more serious note, he was going to be doing the climb with Moyles wasn't he? Something has obviously gone on behind-the-scenes that we're not aware of. Lord knows what.

Hmm I don't get that Victoria Newton is his boss. She used to be quite partial to Moyles. Maybe she's got the weekend off? In a war between the Sun and the BBC, I fear the Sun will win as no-one is forced to pay for it. Never underestimate the power the Sun has.

However Reading out Gordon's phone number live on air would be hysterical.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I don't use this word very often, but Gordon 'Smart' is a cunt of the highest order. The Moyles thing was bad enough, but starting on Aled? That's just despicable. It's obvious that the man has a childish vendetta against the team, and is basically throwing his toys out of the pram. Imbecile.