Unofficial Mills

Reggie Yates to take breakfast?

Jono

Not kissing ass of the site admin here but I totally agree with everything Jono has said in this thread. I think the day Moyles leaves Radio 1 will be the day a revolution starts at Radio 1. I think this is the time I will move on to another station.

- If Moyles leaves breakfast he will leave Radio 1. I cannot see him willing to do another show.

- If Scott is not given breakfast, I see his relationship with management becoming very awkward.

- If both Scott and Chris leave the only major talent on R1 worth listening to would be Greg James.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

- If Moyles leaves breakfast he will leave Radio 1. I cannot see him willing to do another show.

- If Scott is not given breakfast, I see his relationship with management becoming very awkward.

Mmh...Moyles on weekend afternoons would be a good listen, methinks, and he wouldn't have to get up at hell o'clock every morning, and he would only have to work twice a day... That would work. I don't know wether he would do that, but there are some pros.

And why should Scott be offended if he doesn't get breakfast? Does he have ambitions towards that? I think he's quite comfortable with drive. It's not much less prestigeous than breakfast. And I don't really have the impression that Scott absolutely wants the top job.

Also, if Reggie wil be the next man on breakfast, he will propably do it without Fearne as she is doing TV things.

But have we ever heard Reggie doing a weekday daytime show? It would make sense to let the next breakfast presenter smell some weekday air - possibly during drivetime. As this hasn't happend,

1. he's mere speculation, without any strong basis

2. maybe they are looking for someone outside of Radio 1

3. they aren't looking at all - at least not with the aim of finding a new one who could start at the end of the year/beginning of next year.

unique...

Andy Parfitt's wet dream....

<table id="post312559" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_312559" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(214, 225, 247);"> Radio 1

4th February 2010

4am The Big Toe Early Breakfast Radio Show- Appealing to an audeince that just isn't catered for in modern radio. Join the 1 armed Cbeebies women for three hours of nursery rhymes and interactvity. Baby up early? Just switch on Radio 1...it's better than SMA.

7am Fearne and Reggie Interactivz Brekkie Zone- Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates host a new kind of Breakfast show of the hottest new music. Which is totally interactive. It's the way forward. INTERACTIVE Only avaliable through twitter. Audio listeners on old style FM and Digital enjoy a top mix from Otis the Aardvark.

10 am Dick and Dom. Join Dick and Dom for more bogie related fun. In this episode they eat they're own feaces! Who says Radio 1 isn't duming down?

1pm Kelly Osbourne. The girl every 10 year old wants to be. Join Kelly Osbourne for three hours of egotistical twaddle. Includes "wkd or crack?", "me and my animals", "who I'm friends with today" and other relavant features.

4pm Radio 1's School Bus with the Jonas Brothers. Radio 1's hottest new DJ Talent. Join the Jonas Brothers for more Jesus related fun! Includes top Christian fundementalist features "why Jesus loves me" and the "10 min silence to contemplate the enormity of God". With guest Miley Cyrus.

7pm Switch: Now 'n' Shit What's happening on the internet with Perez Hilton.

10pm Switch: Daily Mail Island. Sponsered by the Daily Mail. Return of the hottest BBC Simulcast Radio and TV programme around. In which 10 ex Radio 1 DJs are marooned on a desert Island with no contact except for the Daily Mail. Following on from the publication of the groups suspected homphobes, a confused Chris Moyles is mistakenly beaten to death with Jo Whiley's ipod.

12am- Closedown as target audience asleep. The National Anthem.

*Entertainment News throughout the day every 15 mins with Georgina Bowman*

<!-- / message --> </td></tr><tr> <td class="alt1" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(214, 225, 247);" height="100%" valign="bottom">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Would it really differ to doing weekend breakfast or early breakfast solo like he has done in the past?

yes because there is seven million + listeners & the bosses at R1 don't want to lose them, i don't think it's realistic that the R1 breakfast show could get eight million + listeners anymore as there is way to much choice.

:)

Would it really differ to doing weekend breakfast or early breakfast solo like he has done in the past?

I would say so, yes. I mean if I ran Radio 1 I wouldn't send someone to breakfast without having done daytime shows before. Surely Early Breakfast and Weekend Breakfast are not really strong as far as listening figures are concerned, compared to Real Breakfast (yeah!). You would have to entertain seven million people over there...

It's not so much about experience, it's about the skill to entertain...

Nice one fathomer90 btw. What a nightmare...

unique...

What I am trying to say is: If he's going to follow Moyles it's not going to happen this year because he isn't present in the weekday schedule. There would be the thing with Scott doing a few weeks inbetween, but I do not like that idea at all - for reasons you mentioned above.

unique...

Actually I seem to remember Reggie has done breakfast before. Only the one-off but nothing any different to all the others who have tried a breakfast stint over holidays. Can anyone recall this?

Yes. I remember two occasions. One on a bank holiday or something, or over Christmas a couple of years back one of the two and he and Fearne filled in for Moyles one Monday when Chris was given a day off after an event he did on a Sunday night. Can't remember what it was though.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Don't think that t=would move him just yet, not while the figures are still good. If they start to decline then I could see Radio 1 getting rid of him but not until then.

They have to do a mini reshuffle anyway with Grimmy going in Colin's slot and then Weekend Breakfast having no host. Maybe Vernon is cutting his hours too with a new baby due?

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Don't think that t=would move him just yet, not while the figures are still good. If they start to decline then I could see Radio 1 getting rid of him but not until then.

They have to do a mini reshuffle anyway with Grimmy going in Colin's slot and then Weekend Breakfast having no host. Maybe Vernon is cutting his hours too with a new baby due?

He can't cut his hours any more :D

He only does one show a week!