Unofficial Mills

The Apprentice 2009

YoppaDo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nati did say don't discuss on the shoutboxes or other threads. Ima sure she will avoid this one until she has watched it.

I watched it on iplayer before and that Debra is so annoying she should have gone along with Noob and Ben. I don't like them in the slightest and I've a feeling that Sir Alan doesn't think much of them at the moment. Especially for talking to Nick that way

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Haha. You lot are funny. Yup you're right Steph, I always avoid this thread 'till I've seen The Apprentice.

Anyhow. Fortunately you needn't have worried, I'm not cross at all, but thanks for your concern. We got home by ten past nine, so got to watch most of it last night.:D

Glad the chap who went did. I thought Sir Alan's comments about him were rather nice. He's basically a teacher, and is simply not cut out for business.

I would really like Phillip to go. I think he is a rude, self important bully. He shouts down and ignores the others every single week. It isn't even as though his ideas are up to much either. Pants Man? FFS? Idiot!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so glad Philip has gone.... he and whatsherface were giggling all day like loons, but I still think the fact that the "romance" was brought up in the boardroom was a low blow.

Yeah, I comletely agree with you. Although I thought Phillip and Kate did nothing this week, I still don't think that Lorraine was right to use it against them. I've kind of gone off her she does seem quite two faced

I don't actually like her... I mean, she goes on and on about "great instincts", etc., yet had no control over anybody in the last task.

The helicopter ride over London for the winning team looked wonderful.

I did feel sorry for her a few weeks ago with Phillip never listening to what she had to say. But this week she seemed to have a complete lack of control over the situation, and seemed quite desperate to stay in, when in the boardroom

I'm so glad Philip has gone.... he and whatsherface were giggling all day like loons, but I still think the fact that the "romance" was brought up in the boardroom was a low blow.

Ooops. Haven't commented on this thread yet.

I'm also really pleased to see the back of Philip. It seemed that he, Kate and Ben thought they could get rid of Lorraine by pissing about all day, rather than doing any work and earning the team some sales. For this reason I don't feel it was wrong of her to bring up the 'romance' to Sir Alan, she was defending herself.

Normally I have an idea of who I would like to become 'the apprentice' by this stage, but I haven't got a clue yet with this series.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Heres a recap of what happened last week....

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPGdXCKQHs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPGdXCKQHs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

Sam

Haha. Very funny Sam.

This is gonna be good tonight. I reckon a female will be fired, it does seem to follow the male, then female pattern. So either Lorraine or Debra. Personally I'd quite like to get rid of Ben, but, then again he does make me laugh, so maybe I'll give him a couple more weeks.

I think the right person went too. Tho to be honest I wouldn't have been fussed if any of the 3 of them went!

I like Ben, Kate & Howard so would like any of the 3 of them to win. I think my money is on Kate tho as after hearing that Philip & her are together, and that he has moved to be closer to her, it made me think maybe she won and that's why he moved closer to her rather than the other way round. Just my 2 pence worth ;)

glitzy.jpg

Funny!!

I found this week's Apprentice quite dull... I wish Sir Alan would get rid of that woman with the awful mouth - I found it curious that Yasmina said that ugly woman had 'psychological issues'. I wouldn't have said so. Just clearly an imcompetent, that's all.

I think James' card is marked, and he will be next to go.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If Aled decides to give Danny a full time role, even as part of a duo / trio, it'll be the most disappointing decision of his tenure. The fact Danny is still on air and hasn't been quietly moved on 'due to a change in plan' is bad enough!
    • I'd say Danny has been given a fair hearing - and hasn't been up to par. You don't want Radio 1 to be a closed shop - but not being able to usually get the Whatsapp number right should be a dealbreaker. Errors happen even to the best DJs at times but if you can't get the Whatsapp number right you really shouldn't have a regular role on the station. But if they really are that desperate to have Danny on the schedule full-time then pair him up with somebody who can actually handle the technical side. You think of all the capable DJs who are in duos and trios and then you have just have a rookie like Danny left solo.  The LGBTQ+ point too I have to say if true as a gay man feels a case of proper discrimination. It's good to have LGBTQ+ representation for sure but the key thing is that the DJ is good at the end of the day and say in 2021 there was loads of LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 in Scott, Grimmy and Adele Roberts among others but at the end of the day they were strong DJs entirely there on merit. And even now there's still LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 who are there primarily because they're bloody good broadcasters. Danny is not one of them.
    • There is a reason you don't know who is doing weekend afternoons yet. The plan is still to see how Danny Beard's trial goes on weekend mornings. Newspaper clippings have demonstrated Aled has been keen to push Danny Beard at the weekend and to give him a fair hearing. The plan looks to be to wait and see whether he improves in the next few weeks. The bosses still want more LBGTQ+ representation on the station.
    • I think they should just bring that back as was. It's been nearly 20 years, so do it with a whole bunch of new DJ's. 
    • I think this year has taught us we know nothing 🙂 Nobody would ever have credibly predicted Jordan leaving and all the changes that followed.   I have another interest outside radio and it is exactly the same - the stuff you never expect to happen is exactly what does.
    • Yeah they make the weekend shifts go so much quicker. Like today, the piece about Matt falling asleep in the cafe was funny, it's clear to see why they're going to weekdays. It could well be they were thinking of Danny for it and like you say have decided against that, or like I said at the start it's James Cusack and the slow down on the announcement is him getting out of his contract. Remember he works for radio 1's main rivals. I think it's quite telling that he's doing more r1 cover than usual, tomorrow and then a further 3 weekend shows in a row
    • Nat in for Dean with Vicky between the 28th-30th May.
    • I suspect they’re gonna tie the announcement into something, or they’ve changed plans. I know we’ve said it as a joke but I wonder if Aled was planning on giving it to someone like Danny Beard, but he’s decided against that after the last few weeks. Seems clear to me, though, that if Jordan hadn’t left, then Katie would’ve taken Dean and Vicky’s slot and Matt and Mollie would’ve stayed on weekends, which probably explains why they haven’t picked a replacement yet. If it was going to be the obvious choice, I.e. James Cusack, surely they would’ve announced it by now..?
    • Yep think they mentioned that this is their penultimate weekend of shows but then they will also be on air during Big Weekend and they mentioned they'll be doing 'Party Anthems' on stage during Big Weekend which sounds intriguing. Will miss Matt & Mollie on weekends - they in particular have made that Friday afternoon slot their own - but they'll be great on weekdays. Do wonder if 'Summer on Radio 1' is just a placeholder name until they decide on who will cover the interim. While it's obviously not the case it does feel like they've forgotten there's that weekend afternoon slot to fill given no permenant presenter has been announced for it yet.
    • Zoe Ball is back on the breakfast show on Monday.
    • Just listening to matt and mollie at work and heard them say it's their second to last show on weekends
    • And Arielle mentioned in her Instagram post that her final early breakfast show is the 27th of June - the Thursday before Glastonbury 
    • When Matt covered breakfast on 22nd April, he said their new show was starting in 10 weeks, so that’d be the 1st July.
    • Would love for it to be like the Summer Friday Thing that me and @DC were remisincing about recently. Lots of events going on that could easily form part of it.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer/cardiff/thursday/1.shtml
    • I'm guessing there is also a stack of weekend events like Glastonbury