Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Predictions For 2009

Frenchie

I would imagine that Moyles and Scott will stay where they are. But i predict changes to Jo and /or Ediths show. One of them will leave to be replaced by Sara. But im not sure which one.....Jo has a relatively stable show and also a less pressurised timeslot (Im guessing a smaller more

The trouble I find with Jo sometimes is she is too rigid. Coxy brings some fun to the show. While still keepin to the task/features in hand. She seems to interact with listeners better

james_ryder.png

Guest inxces4308
The trouble I find with Jo sometimes is she is too rigid. Coxy brings some fun to the show. While still keepin to the task/features in hand. She seems to interact with listeners better

I think Jo always sounds patronising and as if she is above everybody else.

haha I wish!

I think they need a new DJ. A proper swing presenter, because borrowing people from 1xtra annoys me.

Whatever happened to Vicki Blight? Apparently she's doing some holiday cover over on XFM. I think she totally missed out on the Surgery, we wouldn't be in this mess if she had got the job.

Whatever happened to Vicki Blight? Apparently she's doing some holiday cover over on XFM. I think she totally missed out on the Surgery, we wouldn't be in this mess if she had got the job.

What mess? Aled is hosting the surgery full time now with Kelly. I think aled is the perfect choice for it.

james_ryder.png

I dont believe that Sara is going to be on only once a week - she is either going to be moved to a weekday or bigger weekend slot, or will be holiday cover and we will hear her popping up everywhere!

I hope Zane stays but if he does go like someone predicted then Colin should take his place, and if it wasnt for her family that would be a great slot for Jo, but i feel someone like Rob Da bank could take it which is just as good!

Who knows about the mills and moyles thing - but if either does go i think we can expect a the usual attempt to keep the listeners by bringing in a big personality to front the shows rather than looking at what they already have or searching for new talent!

You think Parfitt should be following Bannister's style then?

Some argued that killed off the golden days of Radio 1 but it did mean Radio 1 went on to perform very well.

I think if the older DJs were axed I'd probably tune out of Radio 1 though.

I agree, Radio 1 needs to keep some of the so called oldies, for those of us who are young but not down with the kids.

He's not a saviour, far from it.

I don't turn the radio on to hear someone ramble about what they did last night for a few hours.

He is, I do.

haha I wish!

I think they need a new DJ. A proper swing presenter, because borrowing people from 1xtra annoys me.

Well it depends who it is. I cannot be doing with Max, but I like Ronnie Herel, he has a smooth voice, ideal for that time of the morning. I'd like him to fill in more for Greg.

She's a damn site better than Max.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I listened to Max on weekend breakfast today. She has that laid-back but shouty style that is all too common on 1Xtra. She seems lovely but I think the early/holiday shifts are the furthest she'll go on Radio 1. Ronnie Herel who is currently on early breakfast does, however, sound like a chap I'd enjoy listening to that early in the morning.

He hasn't even been at Radio 1 long - less than two years. Most of the other DJs did all sorts of silly shifts before they got to where they are, just give it time. Greg, I think, knows how lucky he is to be where he is.

I think the 1 thing about Greg is often you can tell he really enjoys doin earlies. And he makes the most of any show he does.

james_ryder.png

He hasn't even been at Radio 1 long - less than two years. Most of the other DJs did all sorts of silly shifts before they got to where they are, just give it time. Greg, I think, knows how lucky he is to be where he is.

That's what I think. I think he's doing rather well to have all of those cover slots, he's sure to go far.

Anyone have any predictions for 2009? Let's be serious here, please don't all post that Mills will take over breakfast.

I think 2009 will mark the end of Moyles of breakfast though, I can see him moving to Capital or Absolute (for a disgusting amount of money) or only doing television. I also think Radio 1 will say goodbye to Jo Whiley, maybe even Edith Bowman.

Like you, I believe '09 will mark the end of Moyles in brekkie.

Other than that, I think Sara may get Edith's afternoon slot (which Sara has already done very well).

Also, I predict Mr Mills may finally become pregnant.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Heylo all! I think that most things will stay the same. Maybe Sara getting Edith's slot and Edith going to weekend maybe doing some of Nihal's shows.

But mostly think that Mills & Moyles will stay the same, it's weird getting up in the morning without the cheesy song playing! I would love to hear some more of Greg though, 4 in the morning is just too early to be getting up n these computers at work don't like the iplayer for me to listen again. BOOOOO@them

But really as long as Scott, who is the best, stays on I will continue to listen to him!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I would love it if they kept Coxy in for Jo permanently.

I think the only way to keep Edith in is to get her a permanent co-presenter- I liked her with Colin or when she has James King to bounce off, but don't really think she can carry a show on her own.

I think this may be the last year of Moyles with dwindling listening figures and growing target audience paranoia, but I don't think they have anyone strong enough lined up in the wings as a replacement apart from Scott, and I can't see him shifting from drive.

caitlynmac.png

• 11 months later...

So what actually happened in 2009...

Derek Acorah's Wrong Predictions...

I think 2009 will mark the end of Moyles of breakfast.
moyles will stop on the radio 1 breakfast show.
I dont think there will be too many changes to Radio 1 because the station is sounding the best it ever has done, has a stronge line up (most of the time) and also has great audience figures. Zane could finish up. Chappers and Dave may get more shifts
I also think Judge Jules may move on this year.
radio 1 is killing off dance music all together from the station i think, jules will be moving to galaxy sadly too.
I don't think (I hope they don't anyway) they'll change the daytime schedule, it's amazing how it is.
i think it will just stay the way it is :)

Nearly There...

I also think Radio 1 will say goodbye to Jo Whiley, maybe even Edith Bowman.
The only thing is I expect is a few more pregnant women and perhaps a slight reshuffle when Jo Whiley returns. I personally don't believe Sara Cox will do just a Sunday.
I think Edith will leave the afternoon show with Sara Cox taking it over, Greg James to move to weekends (and covering weekday shows)

Mystic Megs Correct Predictions...

scott will stop where he is. edith will probably go to weekends.
I think there will be a small change in the daytime line-up which could see (hopefully) Jo Whiley move, she may start doing specials. I also think think that I dont think that Moyles will go just yet and think that Scott will stay where he is - i dont think he is breakfast material yet. Hopefully people like Nihal will be moved from Weekends...... I wouldent be surprised to see a new sound to radio 1, new voiceovers, perhaps an extended playlist and no doubt some more events aimed at BBC Switchs audience.
Someone new to takeover early breakfast.
Greg gets 1-4 slot.

Sam