Unofficial Mills

the meaning of life

Ryan16

do you think we will ever find out the meaning of life or do you think we are dumed to live life never knowing what it all means?

my Partner is talking to me about metafisics :confused:

I think you will be given all the answers when you die - when you move on to a different plain: if you had them whilst you were living, there would be no point to being here.

I never believe we are here for nothing. I'll never believe that - ever.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

we are tiny in the big picture, & it really depends on if you believe in extra-dimensional-universes & string theory.

we are no different to another living organism on this planet or another, we are just a collection of atoms & stardust & when we die we just die & thats it, we don't go off to 'some special place' the meaning of life is simple;

live your life, as you only get one shot at making a difference & achieving the ultimate goal which is becoming immortal in name as that is the only way you can truly live for ever.

:)

OMG, you sound just like someone I used to argue with on other forums about life/the universe.

What about reincarnation? People who are here now who know stuff about previous lives that they can't possibly know.

what about mediums? There are some excellent ones I have been to who have been able to tell me stuff that couldn't possibly have been known to them.

OMG, you sound just like someone I used to argue with on other forums about life/the universe.

What about reincarnation? People who are here now who know stuff about previous lives that they can't possibly know.

what about mediums? There are some excellent ones I have been to who have been able to tell me stuff that couldn't possibly have been known to them.

this is not a argument, but a discussion :)

reincarnation, well surly there would have to be a finite amount of people then or it wouldn't work & they know stuff about previous lives who's lives ?

mediums, where is the actual proof ? if they do know all this stuff they wouldn't need to go about charging people as they would already be billionaires & it's all just conjecture anyway just like the horoscopes you can get anything in your daily life to fit into what is said in the days horoscope & all the diffrent ones are the same just worded differently.

:)

this is not a argument, but a discussion :)

reincarnation, well surly there would have to be a finite amount of people then or it wouldn't work & they know stuff about previous lives who's lives ?

mediums, where is the actual proof ? if they do know all this stuff they wouldn't need to go about charging people as they would already be billionaires & it's all just conjecture anyway just like the horoscopes you can get anything in your daily life to fit into what is said in the days horoscope & all the diffrent ones are the same just worded differently.

Reincarnation: I was watching a programme recently about a young lad who claimed he had previously died in an aircrash. He was able to accurately describe the area, and what had happened to him. No young child could simply just do that.

Mediums: I was at an excellent one who told me exactly when my aunt had died, and all sorts of other stuff she couldn't possibly have known. You can't explain the inexplicable. There's a lot of fake mediums out there, but some great ones too.