Unofficial Mills

Beccy's sneezing theory

can you actualy sneeze by looking at a bright light as becky from the show thinks she can.

That's really not healthy as you get black shapes floating around your vision. And in what situation would you find a practical reason where you wanted to sneeze?

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

if you know you are going to sneeze but for some reason aren't sneezing - looking at a bright light makes you sneeze.

if you're not going to sneeze looking into a bright light won't do anything.

Ahh that'd explain alot. So we don't have to risk migrains to test the theory.

I've also heard putting your finger under your nose prevents you sneezing, not sure why it would though...

But I does, I always use that. Well, the sneeze will come a bit later anyway, but you can prevent it for the moment. It's not enough to put your finger there, you have to sort of push it against your upper lip right under the nose. You're not supposed to "close" the nostrils or anything. If you do it the right way it works :)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Looking into the light has always helped me get out that sneeze that just seems to be "stuck" :) In fact if I'm indoors for a while and walk outside, I usually sneeze at least five times.

I've only ever met one other person that did the same thing, so I'm glad to hear there are more of us out there :B)

Looking into the light has always helped me get out that sneeze that just seems to be "stuck" :)In fact if I'm indoors for a while and walk outside, I usually sneeze at least five times.

I've only ever met one other person that did the same thing, so I'm glad to hear there are more of us out there :B)

You do this alot? How inconvenient that must be

You do this alot? How inconvenient that must be

It can be. But I think it would be worse to stand there with an odd look on your face and scruntching your nose up saying, "I have to sneeze", and never actually sneezing :)

Plus, your nose gets all itchy. And thats never fun in public :oops: lol

I always thought that it was just looking up that helped you sneeze when you couldn't. Opens the air ways and all that.

I think this theory has come from another one, that looking at the sun helps you sneeze - maybe its because the sun makes you shut your eyes (needed for sneezing, otherwise your eyes would pop out) and by looking up, the snot / discomfort moves back down your nostrils, so aggrevating the problem, making your body react.

I love a good sneeze. Infact, I've started saying "Aaa tish ooo" when I do one, I've no idea when this started, or why I do it.