Unofficial Mills

Do you believe in ghosts and paranormal phenomena?

Jono

Do you believe in ghosts and paranormal phenomena?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts and paranormal phenomena?

• Yes
    • No

I have recently had a bad dream about a ghost; nevertheless, I do not believe in them.

As for the paranormal in general, no. I have never had a paranormal experience nor any reason to speculate that any incident which has occurred in my life may have been as the result of a paranormal element.

My mum used to be heavily into seeing clairvoyants for predictions. It predicted a lot about our family. When I was a kid one predicted they saw a "boy at the bottom of a hill with a bike" and several months later the brakes stopped working on my bike and I fell off it and ended up in hospital. That amongst other things...

i don't believe in ghosts, however i do believe that aliens are about :oops:

*runs & hides from ridiculing*

Im the same. I don't believe in ghosts or that but then again I have no reason to. I've never seen one or witnessed anything to make me believe they exist. I do believe that aliens exist though but that is more of a the universe is too big for there not to be life out there thing.

If there had been a choice of "I'm not sure, but I try to keep an open mind", I would have voted that way. But there wasn't so I answered yes. There are a lot of things that could be brought under the umbrella of paranormal phenonemon, so I would think there would be a strong possibility of something like that existing. Unsure about the ghost thing, but tend more toward the yes than the no side. I would love to have a personal experience. I've seen quite a few different shows on ghost hunting, but after awhile some of them start to bore me.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma"- P. Star The Secret Box

I have a stroy that does the rounds at my work, its a true story.

I work at Prestwold airfield just outside Loughborough in the East Midlands for Everyman Motor Racing Activities, the type of place you go to drive a Ferarri for the day. Anyway about 2 years ago in the middle of the day one of the medical team ran in to the canteen shaking and crying. She was sitting in the ambulance when (during summer) everything went very cold, she heard a man's scream and the silhouette of a man in what looked like old fashioned clothes appeared in the back. It was at that point she got out the ambulance and ran.

Most people brushed off this story and laughed at her, except for one instructor. He rang his Dad, who not only worked as an Everyman instructor on the airfield in the early 90's, but also served on the airfield during World War 2. The instructor asked his Dad about a story he had once told him. The stroy was that during the war, a plane had a very bad landing. Two soldiers went over to see if the pilot was alright. As soon as they stepped foot towards the plane, it blew up, killing all three instantly. It is on that exact spot of the airfeild where the ambulance parks, that the soldiers were killed. The old style clothes that the lady saw looked a lot like a soldiers uniform.

Now I'm not saying that due to that story everyone should now instantly believe in ghosts, but I don't see why the ambulance lady would make such a thing up.

I also have another odd stroy, this one from my Dad. He was knocked off his bike by a car and lay unconcious in the road. When he regained conciousness, he could hear the paramedics talking to him in the road but couldn't see a thing. His vision then came back to him but he wasn't seeing his own sight, instead he was looking down on himself from above. He could see the two ambulances, the crowd of people that had gathered etc. His vision started to zoom in, he got closer and closer to himself beofre he was looking in to his own face, as if it was in a film, he woke up.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Arghh I hope I'm not in Nottingham on Halloween. They're having a world record attempt at the number of zombies. http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2008/10/08/zombie_record_feature.shtml

I remember drunkenly shouting "but I don't like zombies!" at a poster advertising it in the city centre last night, then woke up this morning wondering if I'd made the whole thing up. But no, it is happening.

I think the reason people are scared of potentially seeing ghosts is the shock factor, the same with when spiders appear.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Jeez. That would scare the crap out of me Lucinda. I have a problem with zombies too. I just about managed to watch Sean of the Dead, purely because it was so funny. Especially the scene when they're arguing in the garden over the album collection, and which ones to chuck at the zombies.

It's a bit of a shame I won't be able to watch the wonderful Charlie Brooker's Dead Set, but I think it would give me nightmares.

As for ghosts, I have certainly experienced things that I cannot explain. Several other people who stayed in my childhood home also saw, heard and felt something too, in one particular part of the house. I do believe in ghosts inspite of the fact that I have no firm proof. I'm the sort of person who keeps an open mind on these things.

Yvette and Ghosthunting is just staged stuff designed to make the stars squeal like little girls for the entertainment of the viewers.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Yes, I do believe in ghosts and some clairvoyants. You have to watch who you go to see. Some are excellent. I went to one in Ayr, who was able to tell me the exact date my aunt had died, all about her, my grandfather, and stuff for myself. She was amazing.

I can never make up my mind where the line is drawn between intuition and psychic stuff. I mean, I would say I was deeply intuitive, yet some people would class this as being on a different level. Where do you draw a line, or is it, in fact, intuition all along. O are you, in fact, just being logical and applying more to it than is actually there.

Many people (psychics) associate being drawn to the colour purple as a sign of deep spirituality. I love the colour, for example. Many of my clothes are lilacs and purples, or a mix of the two. Also accessories, nail polishes, etc.

Even my signature!!! lol

What are your views on karma?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I do believe in ghosts and the paranormal. Although I am not a fan of Most Haunted. Sorry :| I think Yvette Fielding is hilarious when she's on Mills' show, but as for watching her and her crew scream over something I cant even see, gets a bit frustrating.

I'm a HUGE fan of Ghost Hunters though. Huge being an understatement :D

Yes, I do believe in ghosts and some clairvoyants. You have to watch who you go to see.

I completely agree with you, Viv :)