Unofficial Mills

At What Age Does Scott's Act Become a Bit Sad?

The Magic Mullet

I mean, he's what, 32, 33? And he's still trying to act like a student.

"Look, i'm in my flat, there's lots of people, in my flat, with me, in me flat. We're all crazy, y'know in my flat. Me, working from home in my flat, just how crazy can I be? Oh my God, there's cameras in my flat, so you can watch me, in my flat! I can eat cornflakes and everything. In my flat. Imagine it!"

I mean, he's what, 32, 33? And he's still trying to act like a student.

"Look, i'm in my flat, there's lots of people, in my flat, with me, in me flat. We're all crazy, y'know in my flat. Me, working from home in my flat, just how crazy can I be? Oh my God, there's cameras in my flat, so you can watch me, in my flat! I can eat cornflakes and everything. In my flat. Imagine it!"

:shock::shock::shock: I missed him eating cornflakes? :P

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I seem to remember Aled making a huge announcement to get every Chris Moyles listener on board to watch a live stream from the studio. I wouldn't say the whole 'act' is exclusive to Scott Mills. And at least this differs from that.

It's a youth station anyway. You're supposed to be in touch with your target audience. If you want men talking at you like they're over 30 then maybe Radio 2 is the right station for you?

I seem to remember Aled making a huge announcement to get every Chris Moyles listener on board to watch a live stream from the studio. I wouldn't say the whole 'act' is exclusive to Scott Mills. And at least this differs from that.

It's a youth station anyway. You're supposed to be in touch with your target audience. If you want men talking at you like they're over 30 then maybe Radio 2 is the right station for you?

The bit in bold I agree with completely, and all daytime DJs (Whiley, Cox, Bowman, Moyles, Cotton.. etc) are all guilty of it, and I know they have to aim for their target audience, which largely are students who adore the concept of "look what i'm doing, give me a medal!".

But hey, I don't listen to Radio 1 all that often, just 10 minutes while walking to work, depending on whether or not I can actually get a signal.

The bit in bold I agree with completely, and all daytime DJs (Whiley, Cox, Bowman, Moyles, Cotton.. etc) are all guilty of it, and I know they have to aim for their target audience, which largely are students who adore the concept of "look what i'm doing, give me a medal!".

But hey, I don't listen to Radio 1 all that often, just 10 minutes while walking to work, depending on whether or not I can actually get a signal.

How come you registered to the forum then?

Woah look! It's DJ Drew!

I mean, he's what, 32, 33? And he's still trying to act like a student."!"

First of all, 30's is not old. I think it's great that he's able to communicate with people much younger than himself, as well as older listeners.

I'm sure he'll know, (the same as Spoony and others), when it's time to move on, or time to change his Show.

I was reading an article on the Internet about Sara Cox (which is kind of similar to what you are saying). It was an article about Sara and her "ladette" days, and how she has now cleverly repackaged herself as a "mum-type" figure. Scott, I am sure, is a smart enough guy to be able to anticipate the need for any changes, without anyone dictating when exactly that time should be.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Scott's style is quite childish, but that doesn't mean that he is in any way sad!

Would you criticise every children's TV presenter for acting young? He is just appealing to the target audience- I am sure he could be mature and dull if he wanted to, but I wouldn't find that very entertaining!

Also, fly on the wall TV shows have been around for years- Scott Cam isn't that radical and idea!

caitlynmac.png

so he's just having a bit of fun. It's not like its being done like big brother, i mean nobody is making any money out of it (other than voiceover man doing the trails - but most people will agree there shoud be more V.O.M anyway)

Lets face it, a lot of the things he gets behind are a being done in a tongue in cheek way, I mean who really thought Wing was actually any good :P

At the end of the day the listeners get a show which has a more interactive twist than usual, and everybody involved with the show gets a differnt challenge and scenery. Everyone a winner in my eyes.

If you don't like it I suggest you go and listen to commercial radio, whatever that is ;)

Not impressed with censorship

At the end of the day the listeners get a show which has a more interactive twist than usual, and everybody involved with the show gets a differnt challenge and scenery. Everyone a winner in my eyes.

Best post. Completely agree. :)

Just an added point, Scott's one of the top DJ's, and you simply don't get to that point by having a crap formula to a Show.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Guest CancerForTheCure

Scott didn't get the Loaded LAFTA award for no reason. He gives us just what we expect - entertainment. And he's a nice guy on top of it, which is unusual these days ;) Scott Cam was a rather interesting and unexpected idea but it was a lot of fun for everyone. I wouldn't say his shows are childish - at least not in a negative way. You have to admit they are rather unique and he is definitely trying very hard.

On a different note, who goes onto a fansite to criticise the person it is devoted to? Clearly looking for an argument, no?