Unofficial Mills

Dave was unhappy at Radio 1

Jono

I guess this confirms why Dave Pearce went from Radio 1 writing to his blog:

Obviously, it is a sad day for me leaving Radio 1 after all these years. They have been good times, but it always struck me as a little odd doing a dance show when everyone was out clubbing.

He also talks about an exciting new project and 6Music:

I am very glad to be returning to Sunday nights on BBC 6 Music from Sunday 5 October with a brand new Dance Anthems. You can catch the show via DAB Digital Radio, Digital TV (Sky 0120, Freeview 707, Freesat 707, Virgin 909), and online at www.bbc.co.uk/6music. I am keen to know what tracks you would like to hear, as we will be playing music from the last 20 years of clubbing, so please do send in your suggestions via [email protected].
I am also working on another very exciting project, which is currently a secret, but all will be revealed next week so watch this space!

Dave's last show is current airing right now on Radio 1.

i recorded the final show, i'll put it with the load of others i have from over the years. radio 1 has killed of another one of it's best shows, everything has to end but i think it's a shame dave was forced into the dark like this after all the years of service. i for one will be catching his new show on 6music, that's time that could of been spent listening to radio 1 but i prefer to tune into another station at that time now. the bosses need to consider that for every show on the station.

They should let dick and dom take his place. that'd be interesting.

yeesss. becuase everything at radio 1 has always run around fearne and reggie, zane lowe, dick & dom and edith bowman.

on the grid.

He left Radio 1 at the top. It was a stupid slot for him - playing when everyone is clubbing.

I think a 9 PM slot would be better for him. Why do they put Annie Mac on with drum and bass. I hate that stuff and to me its not really fitting in with the dance music evening. Isn't it more urban than anything else. Surely it would be better to have some techno on? I don't like That but at least recognizably dance music.

Daves a great DJ and I feel a real sense of sadness as he is going. To me he was the best DJ on radio one. His playlists were always great all the way through. Personally I prefer scott mills(!!!!) to Pete Tong. The Floor fillers hour on fridays is a great start off.

At least I will be able to still listen to him as I have got a DAB radio. But why let someone go who is the best.

Best dave pearce moment - when he took us into the new millenium in 2000. Taped that show. Wish I still had it now.

I never listened to his shows on a friday night, usually because I was doing other things, but his shows on a sunday were great for listening to when driving around in the evening.

Many of us on here must remember him on in the evenings after moyles playing popular/playlist songs not just dance tracks and those shows weer great as well, generally an all round brilliant DJ and mainstream radio presenter.

Obviously there comes a time when every DJ has to move on, but I think his time came far far to soon, unlike certain others whose departure cant come soon enough ;)

Not impressed with censorship

Its such an insult to him. Pushing him onto radio six(never ever listened to it). Over there years there have been some farcical things happening. In the era of Dave Lee Travis DJ's just wouldn't leave. It all ended badly.

But why dave Pearce. He is so popular. So much at the top of his game.

I suppose it could be worse. radio two would have been too much of an insult.

Hi everyone, long time listener to Scott and reader of these forums, but first time posting!

I did love Dance Anthems too. Preferred it on a Sunday usually for driving home after a weekend away. Fridays have struggled to listen as I'm often out. Hopefully it will remain in the same format on 6music?

Thought his last show was one of the best thou!

i recorded the final show, i'll put it with the load of others i have from over the years.

Do you post/host these anywhere online? I'd love to be able to still listen to it when it runs out on the iPlayer. Thanks if you can help!

Oli

Hi oli welcome to unofficial mills. I think this station is going down the pan! If Scott leaves (is pushed) it will be the end of radio 1. JK and Joel, dick and Dom, dave pierce, radio 1 is becoming a bigger version of 1xtra

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........

Hi oli welcome to unofficial mills. I think this station is going down the pan! If Scott leaves (is pushed) it will be the end of radio 1. JK and Joel, dick and Dom, dave pierce, radio 1 is becoming a bigger version of 1xtra

I'd be very surpirsed if Scott was pushed out of R1. It wouldn't bother me if he did, I'd listen to him no matter what station he was on.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I don't really think by that statement it says that he was unhappy at radio 1. I think it just shows that he didn't really think it was a good idea to put him on at that kind of time in the week. It really wasn't the best time to put a dance show on the radio.

Woah look! It's DJ Drew!

Please tell me you're not saying Dick and Dom should still be on radio 1? Dave is a legend, and while JK & Joel were a little cheesy at times I think they still had a lot of radio1 life left in them.

I hope I've misinterpreted what you said. because if not, including D&D in the same catergory as DP is even more of an insult than what Radio 1 did to him :P

Not impressed with censorship

I really don't see Scott being pushed out of R1. And I am struggling to think of opportunities for him that would be better than where he is at the moment.

Def not a fan of Dick and Dom, JK and Joel were OK on weekends but I never used to like them covering for Scott. However, I do pretty much like the complete lineup as it is at the moment (well daytimes and weekends when I actually listen!)