Unofficial Mills

I like you because you like me.

FreakaZoid101

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7603530.stm

Telling someone you fancy 'I really like you' could make him or her find you more attractive, research suggests.

Has anyone else found this is true for them?

I remember one guy was persuing me for weeks and I had absolutely no interest in him. Then he goes and tells me he loves me and all of a sudden I find I've fallen for him too. Rubbish. I thought this was just me being pathetic, but it's happening again and if there's an article on the beeb about it it must be true(!)

This can be a general lovey dovey thread too if need be.

I don't know, I guess it makes them think of you as a genuine possibility. I have to say though, it's not worked for me very much either way. Generally I've liked someone straight off and they've liked me straight off if we do end up getting together.

If someone tells me they love me I am more likely to get freaked out and run away than realise that actually I do quite like them.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I wouldn't dare say that to a bloke I was interested in, mainly coz the blokes I seem to go after are already taken which is beyond annoying now, which leads to the fact the last time I dared do that was when I was 17 and I told a classmate and he said that he was (wait for it...) already taken! Needless to say I was really embarrassed after that and I don't want to embarrass myself like that again.

kyliewilson.png

im hopless, finished and a munter so i have no chance at all, however i can see how it works. relationships don't always work on attraction alone, by saying this you are showing to them that you are a genuine person. it seems to show that you're sincere.

on the grid.

I'm good with quick reaction response time thing.

I tell a guy "I like you, you know that, right?" and if the reaction isn't favourable (like: "I'm not into you like that" or "I'm gay" or "I'm taken") I do my confused face and go "what are you on about?" and then talk about how they're such a good friend etc. etc. My 3 best guy friends were gained that way. 2 of them were taken at the time, so I was setting myself up to crash and burn and the other one was gay, but he hadn't come out to me yet.

But it has worked out for me. Telling guys I like them. Confidence. Seems to work.

I think confidence and self-esteem can make ugly people look more attractive to attractive people, but attractive people still look attractive if they haven't got the slightest bit of confidence to mostly everyone.

There's no escaping the fact that you'll end up in a relationship with or marrying somebody with the same level of physical beauty as yourself.

I think it works if you're good-looking, but if you're a grotesquely ugly freak like me then it isn't going to happen.

Serin, you a not a grotesquely ugly freak!

im hopless, finished and a munter so i have no chance at all, however i can see how it works. relationships don't always work on attraction alone, by saying this you are showing to them that you are a genuine person. it seems to show that you're sincere.

And DC, you're not a munter!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Yeah @ what Emma just said.

Stop fishing you two!

I think physical attraction is obviously a vital factor at the outset of a relationship, but there are so many other things involved when you want a long term one. Looks don't necessarily last forever.

We all have our own ideas, but for me a decent sense of humour, serious intelligence (yup, I am demanding), understanding, trust, certain shared interests (but allowing your partner to pursue their own thing every now and then), being able to talk to/live with someone harmoniously, affection, regular quality sex and sharing a similar system of (moral) beliefs are the key aspects to a good relationship.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

im hopless, finished and a munter so i have no chance at all,

I swear to god when i pass my driving test i will drive up to wolverhampton and slap you senseless until you admit that you are not the ugliest thing on the planet. Trust me, you should have seen who was sat opposite me on the train earlier.

Eww.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I swear to god when i pass my driving test i will drive up to wolverhampton and slap you senseless until you admit that you are not the ugliest thing on the planet. Trust me, you should have seen who was sat opposite me on the train earlier.

Eww.

You sure you weren't facing a mirror?

Haha!

But I agree, though I can take a train to Wolverhampton and be there in 20 minutes.

Damn you for pre-empting my joke!

Hey, great minds and all that.

Told complicated boy I liked him today and he says to me I've now confused him further. I thought I was the confused one because for 6 years I've thought he had no interest in me... then kisses me out of the blue and says he's kind of liked me since I walked in on him singing 6 years ago.

So I tell him I like him too and he gets upset. Because he knows I was planning on going to university single and he's going to Greece for a year anyway. He said he was going away to get over me. Seeing his family was just a bonus. Now it's even more complicated. But I know it's I like him and he likes me. Just really bad timing. Bummer.