Unofficial Mills

Do your job gas man...

Jono

Why is it that the gas man decided to give me a lecture on when to get up in the morning and that I should be up by 8.30? Hmm... Whilst he swans around at 8am in the morning I'm only in bed at about 2am. I'm sorry I couldn't answer the door within 10 seconds, but seriously :|

Yeah I've had that from my landlord lots of times. I had a 4:30pm exam (horrible things) and was trying to get some sleep but he seemed amazed that I wasn't up when it was 8am. I'd only been asleep 4 hours. The Virgin installation man arrived at 8am as well when I'd been out the night before. I was expecting him any time before 12, not at 8am on the dot.

The gas people decided to dig up the pavement directly outside our front gate last week and then resurface it for no apparent reason and without any warning. We had to climb over the wall to get in and out of our front yard.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Or being at an 18th, getting to sleep at 5am only to be woken up by a friend at 7am....

Also, being made to get up for no reason whatsoever at 7am for school, and once I get there I'm told all of my lessons have been cancelled due to the year 7 activity trip. I'm sorry, but they could have told me a while ago. I'm shattered. Utterly shattered. I think there needs to be a change as to what the sensible time to start the day is. I vote 11am. I'm barely productive any earlier than that anyway.

British Gas decided they'd be about between 8am and 6pm.

Whereas you get someone like the Sky man last week who decided to give a time frame of 1pm till 3pm and decides to turn up at 2.55. You can't win with these companies.

That's a pretty good time frame, 2 hours. John Lewis gave us a time frame of 'afternoon' which meant any time from 12 till 9:45pm. They showed up at 3pm the following day!

Come to think of it, the plumber was supposed to come either last night or this morning. He hasn't been yet.

Getting deliveries/visitors is very annoying here because we don't have a doorbell so it requires sitting downstairs with the living room door propped open because that's the only way we can hear someone at the door. The meter reader always knocks too quietly.

Whereas you get someone like the Sky man last week who decided to give a time frame of 1pm till 3pm and decides to turn up at 2.55. You can't win with these companies.

We got the same time frame from sky, but the man didn't show up until 4:30. He was here about 5 minutes, he looked at our house and said, "we can't fit a dish here". No way around the problem. So we stuck with Virgin.

-