Unofficial Mills

Small things that annoy you

Grace

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, same as DC, when I wake up in the night because it's too hot feeling really dehydrated.

Hayfever. My eyes are all puffy and sore. I just got shampoo in them which didn't really help.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

When people spell pigeon 'pidgeon'.

haha, I only found out how to spell it a few weeks ago or something. But then again, I'm not English, I guess quite as bad then.

There are some Danish spelling mistakes that really annoy me, because being Danish you should know better.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Hayfever. My eyes are all puffy and sore. I just got shampoo in them which didn't really help.

Whenever people even talk about sore eyes, my own eyes start watering themselves, very strange.

I hate that hot bedroom thing too, I don't wake up so much, it's just not being able to get to sleep in the first place, and then looking at the clock and seeing how late it's getting, knowing you have to wake up early the next day :(

When people write 'gr8' and 'm8' in texts!:evil:

Yeah, I have a friend who writes even short texts in 'txtspk'. There's just no need. Trying to decipher a message where he's used the @ symbol 4 times is a waste of my time and it can't be any quicker to write.

My browser has been killed twice today already by adverts for this Blinkx site. They say "this site brought to you by blinkx.com" then it crashes Firefox. It's very annoying. I also hate it when windows pop up over the one I'm trying to use.

The fact that Channel 4 always seem to schedule commercial breaks straight after the opening credits of particular programmes, like Desperate Housewives... it's something that's annoyed me for a very long time. I know there's sometimes a bit of build-up before the credits on some programmes but it usually only lasts about 4/5 minutes... it's just pointless really.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

The fact that Channel 4 always seem to schedule commercial breaks straight after the opening credits of particular programmes, like Desperate Housewives... it's something that's annoyed me for a very long time. I know there's sometimes a bit of build-up before the credits on some programmes but it usually only lasts about 4/5 minutes... it's just pointless really.

When I was in Canada they'd show the opening credits of The Simpsons and then have a commercial break. I suppose channel 4 is going the North American way.

I swear there was some OFCOM regulations on when broadcasters were allowed to put the first commercial breaks in after the start of the programme, how long they could be, and how long between each set of commercial breaks. If so ITV sport broadcasts are screwed because there are about 15 commercial breaks during halftime of football!

It is really annoying, I hate it especially when it happens at a key part of the story, nothing worse then having to wait another 5 minutes to find something big out! I swear they do it on purpose!!!

When things are in the bin that should be recycled, like cans and glass. It seems really wrong to me, as I was brought up to recycle everything possible by my dad. It doesn't take any more effort to put things in the recycling here.

Lucinda, is it your dad who makes you squash all the air out of plastic bottles and screw the lids back on so they take up less room? Makes such a difference to how many bin bags you use.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

Guest CancerForTheCure

When people tell you the same story over and over again and they still carry on after you've told them you'd heard it before.