Unofficial Mills

Textual Accidents

Jono

Have you ever sent a message to someone by accident when you intended it to go to someone else. I did that on Saturday night, I was expressing my undying love for someone (well not really, but still) and it went to my friend. I was very confused the next morning when a mate texted back. Thankfully I tend to send crazy stuff to people so he was used to it.

And have you got any close friends next to people you wouldn't want to text. I.e your girlfriend's name is next to "mum"?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best reminds me of the Lorraine Kelly/GMTV incident:

The editor of Lorraine Kelly's breakfast show has resigned after a furious row with the television presenter.

Benedetta Pinelli, editor of LK Today stepped down after realising she had accidentally sent Kelly a text message saying she was a nightmare to deal with and that she hated her.

Kelly, who hosts the show on GMTV, was shooting on location in Namibia on Sunday when she apparently fell out with Miss Pinelli over the work of Kelly's husband Steve Smith, a long-serving cameraman on the show.

The argument became heated when Miss Pinelli, an outspoken editor and GMTV's Head Of Lifestyle programming who has been on LK Today for just six months, criticised Steve, her husband of 12 years.

Feeling aggrieved and apparently humiliated, Miss Pinelli, decided to text her husband back in the UK to let off steam.

But it appears that Kelly was playing on her mind so much as she was writing the four-line text message that she mistakenly sent it to her instead.

The text is understood to have read: "My god, I have really got the hump. I have just had this massive bust up with LK. It happened today. She's a nightmare to work with. I hate her."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=406203&in_page_id=1770

My brother's name is next to someone I send the occasionally dirty text to in my phonebook, I triple check every single time. There are some things I would imagine a guy doesn't want to know about his little sister.

Same here, apart from it's not my brother, it's a friend who I've known from about the age of 2 and he's more like a brother, so I guess he'd be freaked out, too.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Reminds me of the 'drunken text appreciation society' or some such Facebook group, it actually makes for funny reading, unlike most Facebook groups.

I tend to text the most recently used people rather than scanning through my phonebook, although I almost sent a text to the wrong Andy today, as there are 3 in my phone. I also have a friend/slightly more than a friend whose name is a little too close to 'Dad' in the phonebook, so not one to confuse!

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Thankfully this has never happened to me!

Although I do have two friends that are 'together' Nicky and Nick so I have to watch that one a bit cloesly especially if they have a row and both end up texting me to let off steam :D

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves

That could end quite badly I would think

My brother's name is next to someone I send the occasionally dirty text to in my phonebook, I triple check every single time. There are some things I would imagine a guy doesn't want to know about his little sister.

Booze and phones should never mix really as they are an accident waiting to happen. I'm prone to ramble when drunk and so either send off random txts (simpsons quotes usually) or just utter filth to the girlfriend. As I have three hannah in my phone this can get quite problematic when a bit jarred.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I'm just waiting for one of my insults to you to go to Greg James.

i do it all the time and i mean all the time

i have 3 beckys and 2 debbies

oh and 3 natalies

my contacts are very confusing

Hehe, when I get more than one person with the same name, I give them nick names - I renamed one peter 'Connie D' which was an old nickname of his when he was a child.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

I've been known to drunknely call and text people on the phone. Once I texted a girl who I didn't really know very well, asking her to marry me...strange, we've not spoken since...:hahaha:

I think I meant it as a joke though...

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

One of my best friends nicknames is "Jona" and if you put that into a predictive text it comes up with "Knob". I've always got to be careful with that...

Also (thanks to predictive text) I also sent "Hello Heavier" which was meant to say "Hello Heather". That was also a difficult thing to explain.

I've had 'queue' come out as 'Steve' a few times. "I'm in a massive Steve..."

I find that if I give people nicknames in my phonebook, I tend to forget who they are. I have some people in the phonebook with a Z in front of their name so that I don't accidentally call or text them, for example ex's, ex-teachers, other random people to whom it would be difficult to explain a mistaken message.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I've had 'queue' come out as 'Steve' a few times. "I'm in a massive Steve..."

I find that if I give people nicknames in my phonebook, I tend to forget who they are. I have some people in the phonebook with a Z in front of their name so that I don't accidentally call or text them, for example ex's, ex-teachers, other random people to whom it would be difficult to explain a mistaken message.

Yeh i do that...

FAM - MUM

FAM - DAD

DEGREE - HOLLIE

Then i put MY for, my boyfriend, best friend, sister etc.. !!!