Unofficial Mills

There's a reason I do things at the last minute...

Jono

I'm sitting here trying to write my newspaper column for tomorrow morning. The deadline is tomorrow morning, but it's very rare these days I actually bother doing it before then. Not because I have a 'don't care' stance, but because I seem to work better at the last minute.

Right now my mind has drawn a blank and I can't string sentences together. Yet I imagine if I'd started it tomorrow morning I'd be fine.

It's a bit like writing the occasional show review. I can much work much better stringing lines off as the show's happening than writing something later in the day when there's no deadline.

Are you one of these sorts of people?

I have eight weeks until the end of school and I'm not even considering starting the huge heap of coursework I have to do. So yes, I am a last minute person.

Last year I had an A2 ICT coursework piece to do. It was supposed to be a year long piece, but as you'll all recall, I ended up doing it the weekend of the Big Weekend. It'll teach me for not doing it sooner, as I could have gone, but at the same time I worked hard and got a B for my last minute efforts.

I have no idea why I quoted you. Think it must have been the coursework reference.

I know exactly what you mean, I was always like that with my uni work. I just couldn't do the work without the pressure of an upcoming deadline. When I did my Masters, I stayed up late to work on quite a few occasions and always got quite good marks. It just shows, leaving things to the last minute can pay off!

Yup, I have to finish my AS level english coursework by tomorrow and have yet to start. It'll be a last minute jobby in the library again, just like the other pieces I've done.

I can never seem to get work done until I HAVE to, I wish it wasn't the case but it is.

I havent even written my newspaper article for this week yet and the deadline is tommorow. I wrote one last week, I have a team of people who could write one for me but the words cant be bothered are probably going through their minds at this very second.

Yup, I have to finish my AS level english coursework by tomorrow and have yet to start. It'll be a last minute jobby in the library again, just like the other pieces I've done.

I can never seem to get work done until I HAVE to, I wish it wasn't the case but it is.

My AS english language deadline is Friday aswell as Media :|

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Totally. I just can't focus unless the deadline is very close. The current piece of work was set about 5 weeks ago and the deadline is Thursday, and yesterday for the first time I actually sat down and started to write the thing. I've done about 5 of 8 pages now. Something else I had 2 weeks to do and I did it the night before it was due in and it actually came off alright.

I've got loads of work to do over Easter but I probably won't do any until the last few days. I need pressure of deadlines to get things done.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

We had from last November until late February this year to submit our first draft of Media coursework, but, as all of the above, I did my draft the night before with no research and textual reference. I still got 41/60, though, but now I need to polish up the final draft before I hand it in a week tomorrow. My German coursework is due to be handed in in a week this coming Friday, and only today have I attempted it; so far I've 582 words out of 1400-1600.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.