Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 are killing off the chart show

Jono

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote somewhere this week on here they should just pre-record some clips of her just laughing in the background. Maybe they read my idea and took it too far.

She's in LA this week and next week, so it'll be pre-records.

Reggie's quite good on his own. But the two of them have a strange humour together. They think of a good joke and carry it out further than it's actual shelf life.

I like Fearne on the TV, but god she's awful on the tele. Over enthusiastic, cheesy and annoying. Reggie on the other hand is again, un-bearable with Fearne but I can listen to him when he's on his own. I'd give him the request show and give the chart show to someone else. Greg James would be good and take the chart show back to its roots. Simplicity is genius. Give Dick and Dom the Friday early breakfast so Greg still works five days.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

its not the presenters fault the chart is rubbish (with the execution of Duffy) that is why the show is poor, Laura may improve the chart show but at the expense of Scott's show, the two most important shows any radio station has are the breakfast show & the drive time show, i think the ratings for Scott will suffer.

:)

its not the presenters fault the chart is rubbish (with the execution of Duffy) that is why the show is poor

So it's the producers fault? You didn't explain why it's poor.

i think the ratings for Scott will suffer.

What makes you say that? Laura's a big part of the show, but I don't switch off if she's on holiday.

i did, i said the chart was poor.

basically all the presenters of the chart show do is play & comment on the chart, how Laura can improve it i don't know, & the majority of people here say the reason the show is poor, is because of Fearne.

i happen to think Fearne is a good presenter, but if the music that they play on there show isn't what the listeners of radio-1 like they won't listen to it will they ?

& i think the ratings will suffer & just because someone is on holiday for a few weeks won't of course affect the ratings, but as Laura is such a important part of the team she will be missed not just by the listeners but Scott & Chopper also, & nothing against the one that doesn't speak, but if the new producer doesn't inter-act (like TOWDS) then it will just be Scott & Chopper, & if the new producer does take a active role, they are going to have to fill a very big void.

:)