Unofficial Mills

I met our Lord

Emma

I thought I'd better post it soon, I've got no time at the moment to post up the thread with text, but that'll be next.

Due to popular demand:

Me and Scott:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4uwvtvs&s=1

Excuse me looking star-struck/windswept/mingin'

Scott and my sister:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a6l641&s=1

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

You all wanted to know what Scott said to me when I met him, so here is the full story, don’t tell me I don’t do anything for you ‘-‘

It was last Thursday, and after traipsing around all of the London streets (well, not all, imagine how long that’d take, jeeeeeez-us), we finally found Great Portland Street. After my mum asking me lots of times what the building the studio was in, I finally remembered and then a few yards later, we went around the corner and caught a glimpse of the man himself…yes, that’s right, Mr Scott Mills.

He was talking on his phone and smoking a cigarette, so I decided to wait until he’d finished before I approached him. I forgot to mention that when I went around the corner, I pointed and was like: “Arrggh it’s Scott Mills!” (at this point the rest of my family realised that it was him). When we crossed the road and got closer to the building, I noticed that he didn’t have any shoes on (haha). We walked to the other side of this ramp thing, and when I turned to look back, Scott smiled at me, and I just remember thinking: “Wow, this is surreal.” I also thought I saw Annie Mac, but I didn’t say anything just in case it wasn’t her. Then, Scott turned around and walked back inside, leaving me disappointed! So the bouncer guy said: “Why didn’t you say anything? I could’ve called him back! Look, don’t worry, he can’t go 15 minutes without having a cigarette, he’ll be back soon!” So we then decided to go and grab a quick fix of food at the café just a few yards away (the one that Scott sometimes mentions).

We then went back to wait outside the studios, and we had a nice chat with the bouncer (lovely, lovely guy, can I just say). Then, he pointed out Zane Lowe, and said then he was talking to Annie Mac, and she was stood right in front of me, which was cool. I then thought I’d seen Jocelyn off’ve Moyles production team (but she’s not anymore) and he said: “Noo, I don’t think it was her.” But when she came back, it was! And then I saw Huw Stephens. Which was good. It was only then that my family realised my true geekiness of Radio 1. My dad actually scarpered because he was embarrassed by my behaviour. Then, a nice blonde haired lady came out (I don’t know who she was..) and she asked who we were waiting for. When we said Scott, she said: “Really? That’s funny, because I’ve just picked up a postcard with him on it. Here, take it, get him to sign it for you, but be sure to have a pen, DJs never have pens on them!” (Thank you, blonde lady, whoever and wherever you are, I’m a great fan of yours). Then, our Lord came out of the building, and here is the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the conversation:

I thought I’d be nervous and would hardly speak, but he was really easy to talk to:

Me: Hi Scott!

Scott: Hey, I’ve been on *mimics typing on a keyboard* Geekworld. I heard you were outside, so I’ve come to say hello. How’re you? (I’d been texting Kelly, Grace and Ema, many a thanks to them)

Me: Oh right, good thanks!

Scott: Good. So are you the Emma with two Ms or one?

Me: Two, and I’m your Monday reviewer!

Scott: You are! So what brings you down here?

Me: Half term really.

Natasha (my sister): She stalks you!

Me: No, I don’t! Could you sign these please? (I handed him the postcard, mine from the blonde lady, and the lovely bouncer chap got 2 more, so one was for me, my sister and my nanna)

Scott: Yeah, sure!

Me: (after he’d signed them) Oooh, and can I also have a picture, please?

Scott: Yeah, of course! *puts his arm around me, so naturally I do the same J*

He then asked my sister if she wanted a picture, and she ummm-ed and ahh-ed over it, until he said: “Oh, come on, you’ve come all this way, you may as well!”

So she did, and then it was time for Scott to go back to the show, and I said thank you many times, and he thanked me (not sure why), and then…read this, Kelly, he blew me a kiss!

Eeeee! Anyway, we all said goodbye, and I still thought I was dreaming; it was so surreal.

Without sounding cheesy, it was easily on of the best days of my life, and Scott is probably the most lovely guy you could ever speak to (and he smells really nice too!)

So thank you again, Scott, you’ve made my actual year!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Then, our Lord came out of the building, and here is the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the conversation:

I thought I’d be nervous and would hardly speak, but he was really easy to talk to:

Me: Hi Scott!

Scott: Hey, I’ve been on *mimics typing on a keyboard* Geekworld. I heard you were outside, so I’ve come to say hello. How’re you? (I’d been texting Kelly, Grace and Ema, many a thanks to them)

Me: Oh right, good thanks!

If I ever go to London I'll ask for your numbers so that I can text you if I should "visit" Radio1... I might be as lucky as you. *dreaming*

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

You all wanted to know what Scott said to me when I met him, so here is the full story, don’t tell me I don’t do anything for you

You are lucky!

You would of thought the nice smell you thought he smelt of is smoke... I never knew he smokes, terrible!:) I also noticed Scott had a ring on his finger, he's not married is he?

Well you just made me jealous. I would like a picture of him too with me!:B)

I've been up Great Portland Street a couple of times and walked past Radio 1, but never seen/recognised anyone. I didn't exactly hang around though. It's good that you did get to meet Scott, Emma, after the long trek to London.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 2 weeks later...