Unofficial Mills

The Exams Thread

Jono

You do two papers for english lit? I don't envy you there. I've got english language, law and geography 1 left, bring on next thursday.

I guess now's when I should really start to make my mind up surrounding AS options.

Yep. 3 English papers all in all. One covers Poetry and the novel we've been reading, the other is language and then the thierd is more poetry with some extra language thrown in.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poems are lit though surely? I thought it was both?

But it's more about identifying language features within them, anway, I generally find that "English Language" being written in block capitals on the front of the paper generally gives me a clue as to which subject I'm sitting... ;):D

Law today was okay, but my teacher got annoyed with me for doing the question we were warned off doing and then finishing half an hour, oh well.

Just one more to go, yay!

Guest CancerForTheCure

eh my least favourite exam in Thursday... English History... I still don't get the format and my teacher is not replying to my e-mail. :x

Guest CancerForTheCure

I had my last History exam today. It actually went surprisingly well despite certain problems I'm currently undergoing. I did manage to produce 9 pages and it all seemed to make sense, even technique-wise. Only one left now, I'll be free after Monday. What am I going to do with myself...

Guest CancerForTheCure

I had my final exam today. I can't celebrate properly 'cause everyone else is still doing exams so I just went to Pizza Hut with my boyfriend. I suppose it was the best form of celebration anyway, as I don't see my boyfriend much during exams, AND I don't have pizza very often due to my constant, never-ending diet. It will take me two more weeks to stop waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm late for an exam. And another week to stop biting my nails. And to clean my room. After that I'll probably get revision withdrawal symptoms which means I'm gonna have to order some law books from amazon as soon as possible.

I have 4. Yay for getting General Studies out of the way tomorrow. :D

Yes, tomorrow! I've been looking over some past questions, I hate them. I do wish they could word them a little better.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Especially when you write complete rubbish and come out with an A. That's always good.

The highest I've ever got in General Studies is a B, I would probably get an A if I didn't get distracted by counting the ceiling tiles :D

It will take me two more weeks to stop waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm late for an exam.

Haha this happens to me as well. I was having nightmares that I woke up and the exam had already started and I was late.

I got my results on Friday, got 65.3% average which is a mid 2:1 and I am fairly happy with, marks ranging between 61 and 74%.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Haha this happens to me as well. I was having nightmares that I woke up and the exam had already started and I was late.

I got my results on Friday, got 65.3% average which is a mid 2:1 and I am fairly happy with, marks ranging between 61 and 74%.

Well done! I did General Studies today, it went really well. I managed to fit in points about Fern Britton, Coleen Nolan and Isaac Newton all in the same essay. As I was writing, I was thinking: "Only in General Studies can you get away with writing things like that ;)