Unofficial Mills

Jack Saunders' new show

Jono

2 minutes ago, GregJames_fan said:

What an intro!

Interesting how they're starting with Nia Archives 'Baiana' (a song which has been out for a year or so). Does that mean they are bringing a new mix of older and newer tracks? And is the hottest record now at it's old time of 6.30?

They announced that hottest record is at 6:30 on breakfast this morning

Just now, UnofficialStark said:

They announced that hottest record is at 6:30 on breakfast this morning

I think that's a good move. Get some of the best hits from under your belt to ease people in. Very Zane Lowe-esque.

Jack excellent so far and this is what a Radio 1 new music show should be.

But the 'falling down a well' echo repeating what Jack just said will hopefully just be a short-term thing - it's 15 minutes in and already starting to irritate me. Or should I say  irritatemeRITTATEMErittateme

Jack doesn't need a gimmick like that - he's excellent as he is.

Just now, GregJames_fan said:

All of the other sound affects are amazing! Especially the intro. But the reverb is very very irritating. If they didn't have tHAt strange reverb on it, it would be fine.

I agree, I originally thought the reverb was left on and was a mistake as the other sound effects were solid.

45 minutes ago, HumphreyAppleby said:

That last hottest record one sounded like a sketch show parody of Radio 1

I’ve found the jingles are annoying and going to grate on the listener quickly. It’s a good opening week with big name hottest records and sessions

7 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

I’ve found the jingles are annoying and going to grate on the listener quickly. It’s a good opening week with big name hottest records and sessions

Speaking of the sessions, they've been renamed Live Gigs for any forum members not listening to the show & reading this later

1 hour ago, coffeeandgin said:

Jack excellent so far and this is what a Radio 1 new music show should be.

But the 'falling down a well' echo repeating what Jack just said will hopefully just be a short-term thing - it's 15 minutes in and already starting to irritate me. Or should I say  irritatemeRITTATEMErittateme

Jack doesn't need a gimmick like that - he's excellent as he is.

He does what the show needs regardless of how annoying some people may find his presentation style is like. I feel and very much do hope he is in for the long haul and could atleast do four years where his energy may into be as always as bouncy. But he has the knowledge, passion and interaction and not so overbearing but very much so sense of confidence that you need. I think he could easily have a good Zane Lowe like era. Just hope that they consider doing a new late night live music show as I do miss that something of what he had in the early days of the indie show and when Huw Stephens was on live at the after ten slot

5 minutes ago, HumphreyAppleby said:

Speaking of the sessions, they've been renamed Live Gigs for any forum members not listening to the show & reading this later

I will still call them sessions as feel with gigs it makes you think of a live tangible means of going to listen to a band play music and not virtually tuning in via the medium of radio.

Yep Jack is very much Radio 1's modern day Zane Lowe - but with the bonus that he does feel a bit a bit more open-minded and open to chart stuff than Zane was.

I could never imagine Zane being a chart host the way Jack is - I always had the sense if Zane didn't approve of your music taste he'd make you well aware of it.

2 minutes ago, coffeeandgin said:

Yep Jack is very much Radio 1's modern day Zane Lowe - but with the bonus that he does feel a bit a bit more open-minded and open to chart stuff than Zane was.

I could never imagine Zane being a chart host the way Jack is - I always had the sense if Zane didn't approve of your music taste he'd make you well aware of it.

Interesting now Zane has for apple interviewed anything from an artists that have charted and doing less interviews with new and emerging talents chatting to Shakira, Usher, Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain. Yes, that is a positive thing about Jack Saunders. Although I don’t mind it from time to time for a presenter to be honest and spill an unsavoury opinion about music on the station like Annie did with Fall Out Boy.

Yes, I feel that unless it’s for a special sessions with a large ensemble band that for live sessions going out live on the radio. Never saw why they haven’t used the live lounge studio and feel that room could be used more.

2 minutes ago, HumphreyAppleby said:

Interesting Jack mentioned they've got new studios at Maida Vale; you'd think, with the move to Stratford, they wouldn't bother update the studios so close to the end...