Unofficial Mills

Unpopular Opinions

Grace

We all have them, things we'd never say aloud in fear of being punched, but still believe in.

I, for example, like Tescos and think they're much better than overpriced individual stores, think Johnny Depp really wasn't that attractive as Jack Sparrow and actually looked like he needed a good wash, think that Jeremy Clarkson is usually really quite funny and should be PM, and the smoking ban isn't unfair. And whilst I'm at it, fag breaks should be banned.

Anyone else want to share?

think that Jeremy Clarkson is usually really quite funny and should be PM

I love you. I agree, so much.

I agree that the smoking ban is justified, I can understand why people wouldn't want to go home stinking of smoke. That said, it is extremely hard to give up smoking. My grandparents will be here on Thursday and, since they don't know I smoke, it'll be a smoke-free fortnight for me. Unless I go out, but that doesn't happen that often. If anyone hears of any murders commited by a teenage girl in Northern Ireland, that'll be me deprived of my nicotine.

Also, I hate Eastenders and I love Ali G. :oops:

Riz, how can you hate Stephen Fry? :shock:

At long last, a decent thread to grace General Discussion in which all can partake and the views of teenagers are not judged to be paramount to all others.

I have a lot of unpopular opinions: I do contest the smoking ban; I couldn't care less about the fate of Harry Potter; I think Madeleine McGann has received too much exposure to the detriment of others; the US government is run by c*nts; I think euthanasia is a good thing; most, if not all, drugs should be legalized; God doesn't exist; all religions and pedagogical faiths are fabrications by men; the European Union is an earnest concept, it has many flaws, but I do support it; I am not a communist, but my politics are left-wing; I hate Coronation Street; I think some people should not be allowed to conceive and people should only be allowed to have children if a) they can afford to and B) they really, really want to; Neitzsche is right in many of his arguments.

all religions and pedagogical faiths are fabrications by men;

I agree with that, come to think of it. I have absolutely no problem with people believing in God, that's up to them, but religion causes nothing but fighting. Take N.Ireland as an example. They both belive in the same thing, but they have to fight over it? Please! It's not even about religion anymore, it's just fighting for the bloody sake of it!

But without religion, for many people, there'd be no purpose in life. So there'd probably be fighting anyway.

Anyway, no one doesnt believe in religion. Religion is just a belief. And your belief is that God doesnt exist.

On another note, i think peadophiles should be sentenced to castration, and people like terrorists, should get the death penalty.

An eye for an eye is the best form of punishment. If I hit my sister when we were younger, I'd have to sit still until she hit me back. Same with biting, scratching, anything. It worked too, we don't fight anywhere near as much as we used to. That's nothing to do with growing up, since we both have the mental age of a four year old.

At long last, a decent thread to grace General Discussion in which all can partake and the views of teenagers are not judged to be paramount to all others.

I have a lot of unpopular opinions: I do contest the smoking ban; I couldn't care less about the fate of Harry Potter; I think Madeleine McGann has received too much exposure to the detriment of others; the US government is run by c*nts; I think euthanasia is a good thing; most, if not all, drugs should be legalized; God doesn't exist; all religions and pedagogical faiths are fabrications by men; the European Union is an earnest concept, it has many flaws, but I do support it; I am not a communist, but my politics are left-wing; I hate Coronation Street; I think some people should not be allowed to conceive and people should only be allowed to have children if a) they can afford to and B) they really, really want to; Neitzsche is right in many of his arguments.

:yeahthat: Very true.

The universal ID card is a good idea. Tea and coffee are disgusting. Old people having sex is not wrong. Recreational drugs are not always a bad thing. Conservatives can't modernise it's a contradiction in terms. Cows should not be portrayed in ads with male voices. The people who thought they were helping him killed Kurt Kobain - he needed that emotional pain they wanted to "cure" him of. Lord of the Rings is Enid Blyton for those who class themselves as intellectual....better stop now before I alienate too many people.

Just my opinion you understand, I do realise I may be wrong about things.

UM is a nice place

Immigrants are the cause of this countries financial and social problems. I also believe Madeliene McCann has recieved too much puplicity, removing attention from other abducted children that are still missing. I think the smoking ban is the most logical thing our government has done in years. I believe the Iraq war to be a complete waste of human life. I think the world diserves to suffer global warming, as a way of paying for our own incompetence.

I wish harry potter would die. I believe in life on other planets. I think capital punishment should be brought back to reduce 'prison over-crowdings'. I think if someone breaks into your home you should be able to protect your property without being sued by the criminal. I think our police have a ridiculous attitude to crime, and might aswell not exist. I think that man with the hook should be killed or deported. Also any foreigners burning our flag, insulting our queen or committing any other offences of the like, should be shot on the spot. And finally i believe in 10 years Great Britian will be re-named 'Biraq' and it's population will only consist of immigrants and (as much as i hate this word) chavs. :)

-

The floods in England are bad, but i think its being taken to extremes. People all over the world are dying every second from hunger, disease, and weather disasters. The only thing that makes this so special is we caused it.

Radiohead arent the greatest band.

Banning junk food from schools is the worst possible thing you could do, it spurs kids on to eat it, just for the sake of rebelling.

Well, I can't stand drum and bass music even though everyone else seems to love it... notably anything by Pendulum, I really don't get why people like them, it's all just noise to my ears. I actually thought Slam was a p*ss-take when I first heard it, it just has no tune to it whatsoever. Anyways... mini-rant over, just had to get that off my chest.

I also agree with everything that Riz says, and what Grace says about Maddie McCann's parents leaving her alone in a hotel room. Seriously, why would any self-respecting parent leave their kids alone unsupervised, even if it is just for a relatively short period of time...? I know I certainly wouldn't if I had kids, it's just careless. And yes, the whole "Find Maddie" campaign has been vastly overpublicised.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I actually think that children should be made to stay in some form of education/leanring until they are 18. I think there are too many people who take their education for granted really, especially when you compare ourselves with children over the world who are desperate for schooling and embrace it.

I think the smoking ban is genius, I was in a pub about a week or so ago and it was great not having fag smoke in my face or having to go home with my clothes smelling of the dirt.

I think all this global warming stuff is going slightly overboard. Especially having an entire concert for it, completely defeating the entire point of saving energy.

I do think it's important to save energy, so a certian extent but I think that global warming is kind of just being used as a threat, if that makes sense? The Earth is always changing anyway, obviously fossil fuels contribute but I'm getting really annoyed by the entire thing.

I think TV is not very entertaining at all...and as much as I have enjoyed reading the books over the last 8 years, Harry Potter is over rated. Roald Dahl made far better children's books ;)

I think the vast majority of lay-people who pronounce on the situation in Iraq haven't got a clue what they are talking about, they just like jumping on bandwagons.

I think the only way a smoking ban is going to be useful is if it covers all public spaces, inside and out. I also think smokers smell and look dirty.

I think Lauras diary is fiction (although I think Laura is wonderful).

As a parent, I would never have left my child in the circumstances that the McCanns left theirs, it was simply wrong. And I agree with whoever it was who said that if they weren't white middle class professionals they would have been crucified in the press.

People who watch Big Brother are humankinds lowest comon denominator.

Tony Blair was a very very good Prime Minister (well you asked for unpopular opinions!).

Sugar is a far more harmful factor in the modern diet than saturated fat.

Dogs are stupid useless creatures and keeping them is pointless.

I think smoking is horrible and I hate people who smoke over their kids. I am very glad they banned smoking in public places because I hated waking up after a night out with watering eyes and a very sore throat and one of my friends has a cigarette burn on his stomach from one of those idiots who smokes on dancefloors in clubs. I think that 90% of what is on TV is rubbish and reality TV should, for the mostpart, be banned.

I hate selfish drivers. I hate the way that the majority of people, once in their own metal box with an engine and wheels, only seem to care about themselves, and have no regard for any other drivers, cyclists or pedestrians. I hate those people who drive 4x4s because they think it will protect them in an accident, despite knowing they'll most likely kill whoever their urban tank hits.

I hate the proliferation of 'sugar free' drinks, foods and medicines and how they are marketed as healthy. If I have sorbitol or xylitol, I get very ill, and I have to check the ingredients on anything I have. I can't drink the majority of alcoholic drinks and it makes it difficult to enjoy nights out with my friends. I'd like them to be better labelled and have non sugar-free versions available.

I hate people who read the Daily Mail and then blame everything that's wrong with this country on immigrants.

I also think the McCann case has got way too much publicity. Everyone in this country knows what the kid looks like and there are many more missing children out there that get no attention so I don't want any more leaflets with a photo of that one kid on.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

People who say spelling and grammar is unimportant need a good slap or twenty.

Pete Doherty is not a genius, he's a boboboboing idiot who needs to go to jail and rehab.

Boris Johnson being mayor of London is not a good idea, it's one of the worst ideas ever.

The flooding is not due to sudden effects of global warming, it's more to do with the government letting people build houses all over flood plains.

Eating cabbage raw is not weird.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Pete Doherty is not a genius, he's a boboboboing idiot who needs to go to jail and rehab.

Amen to that.

I seriously can't stand him and I don't see what people find so great about him. He's just a waster. There's nothing there to idolise.

I think there should be some sort of age curfew, it's kind of sad to see really young kids under 8 around town, alone. I don't think it's right.

Similar to the entire Maddie McCann, no matter what people have said to defend the it I just can't justify why a parent would leave a 3 year old girl alone in a hotel room, in another country.