Unofficial Mills

Jordan North and Chris Stark

radio247

I'm guessing they'll both bring some Radio 1 standards to Capital that I haven't really felt were there with Roman. I think it's fascinating seeing what's happening at commercial radio, and the choice now out there. 

55 minutes ago, onlyME said:

When do we think it will start? Jordan's contract didn't expire until September so could we be waiting a while?

If so, it gives Aled some time to get his ducks in a row. Jamie could be temporary, allowing a bigger reshuffle ready to fight Capital. 

I can’t see it been so late

When sonny left it was almost instant

i think we can expect an announcement Monday morning with Jordan been brought into the studio and perhaps romans last week

Reading between the lines on global marketing of the show from capital breakfast with Roman Kemp to “with Roman , Chris and Sian “ was a subtle hint to less focus on all been about Roman

when a bbc show changes it gets a whole new feel, capital seem to like a gradual approach to keep listeners already established 

global seems a more long term plan for presenters now, nothing to say he couldn’t go to radio x in a few years to succeed moyles after the capital breakfast gig

Ironic that commercial radio was just a few years ago awash with celebs without a radio career crowbarred into one, now it seems a little of the opposite 

21 hours ago, GeekTalk51 said:

Yeah I feel like by September drive could be a different lineup entirely to now.   

I massively agree with this. Vick isn't going to want to stay that long surely. Travels with Calvin, brand deals, tv shows (of which seem to be more and more) It was probably much too soon for her to simply leave when Jordan did and in reality it probably happened far too quickly to make a decision about her career.

I also wonder with the amount of time off she has and Jamie didn't seem to be always there even in the few weeks of mat cover, Katie could end up with a lot of cover work from it.

Let's also say Jamie is interim, it plugs a gap and management have the rest of the spring and summer to come up with a decent line up that will carry the station forward

4 hours ago, Greg20 said:

Nothing about Jamie’s instagram post suggests it’s temporary 

Well no, but he is probably only on a 6 month contract to meet up with Vick Hope’s renewal being in September. She wouldn’t be able to leave before hand without repercussions for herself  

Maybe they’ll click and the show will get extended by another 12 months, but I really can’t see either being there in September 2025.

Yes a very possible theory that they would get them to match up. I feel like Vick wouldn't have wanted to have been rushed into a decision about leaving so soon and this all looks to have come about fairly quickly. It makes sense to stick with it for now and leave if she wanted to, on her own terms

The More I think about it

the more I think it’s possible Roman could return to radio for a less demanding role than breakfast which could work alongside his one show commitments and other work

it seems him and vick have busy schedules, be a great move by bbc to get him on board Radio1’s maybe presenting a Friday afternoon show with vick - what a switch that would be

40 minutes ago, Darren m said:

I was thinking last night this is one hell of a gamble for Jordan what if breakfast doesn’t work out for him on capital he gave up the chance of breakfast on radio 1 

I think the key phrase is "chance of breakfast on Radio 1" - he had no guarantee of it and as said various times on here - time was starting to run against him.  Plus add in some of the high profile surprising decisions - Dean & Vicky, Jamie Laing - he could easily have been passed over.

And actually - it's totally not impossible that he goes to Capital Breakfast and comes back to Radio 1 to take over from Greg.  Highly unlikely but if the BBC really really wanted him for that gig, nothing to stop it happening.